DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MINI Range mod

Stock mini ranges from probably just over 300m to around 2100m over the sea, I have seen another MR1SD25 (not mine) reach 2400m over the sea and the pilot turned the drone around with the signal still strong.

Reactions: mavicmodx
Stock mini ranges from probably just over 300m to around 2100m over the sea, I have seen another MR1SD25 (not mine) reach 2400m over the sea and the pilot turned the drone around with the signal still strong.
How much do you think the max will be on this controller with mods?

This controler use (MIC/CE) if I'm in a country where it only works on CE, how can I unlock the other mode on MR1SD25 ? MIC

Reactions: John62
How much do you think the max will be on this controller with mods?
Truthfully, I do not know and, as you can see from the ranges I quoted in post 2, the range varies greatly depending on the local environment. There is no fixed answer and the matter is further complicated by the differing types of 'mods' available.
The simple clip on range extenders tend it 'increase range' at the expense of the directional sensitivity, meaning you have to be much more careful to 'aim' the controller at the drone correctly, 'aim badly' and you may lose signal much more easily.
If you want powered amplifiers then they can get expensive, are they worth it?

BUT

I would say, why do you want to 'go further'?
If local interference is causing you problems then fair enough. But, if you simply want to fly 'far away', what about legal limits, are you required to be able to see the drone without the use of binoculars etc.?
I doubt anyone can see a Mavic Mini beyond 600m away and if you start thinking about more that 2km then battery capacity and wind may well become limiting factors.
My 2km flight was, very fortunately, on a near windless day and they are rare here. The pilot of the 2.4+km drone turned back because of they were concerned about having enough battery to get back with a reserve, "just in case", left.
You don't want to be "running on fumes" by the time the drone gets close to home, especially over water.

Reactions: mavicmodx
Truthfully, I do not know and, as you can see from the ranges I quoted in post 2, the range varies greatly depending on the local environment. There is no fixed answer and the matter is further complicated by the differing types of 'mods' available.
The simple clip on range extenders tend it 'increase range' at the expense of the directional sensitivity, meaning you have to be much more careful to 'aim' the controller at the drone correctly, 'aim badly' and you may lose signal much more easily.
If you want powered amplifiers then they can get expensive, are they worth it?

BUT

I would say, why do you want to 'go further'?
If local interference is causing you problems then fair enough. But, if you simply want to fly 'far away', what about legal limits, are you required to be able to see the drone without the use of binoculars etc.?
I doubt anyone can see a Mavic Mini beyond 600m away and if you start thinking about more that 2km then battery capacity and wind may well become limiting factors.
My 2km flight was, very fortunately, on a near windless day and they are rare here. The pilot of the 2.4+km drone turned back because of they were concerned about having enough battery to get back with a reserve, "just in case", left.
You don't want to be "running on fumes" by the time the drone gets close to home, especially over water.
Hello again, at the moment I have a mavik air 1 near me, on which I have modified the antennas myself with 12 dB, at the moment my range is so good that I can easily go over 6 km in a mountainous environment, now the problem is with the battery, here there is and other solutions, but I will not talk about it now. the reason i want to change my current drone, air 1, is its hum. the mini is quieter, but with the controller MR1SD25 , I don't know how far its distance can be extended, even with fancy antennas and other things.

Range really depends on how far you want to take modifying to. I've seen the MR1SD25 controller achieve a range of about 30km, but that was with extreme modification (additional amplifiers, high gain/extremely directional industrial grade antennas, drone kitted out with additional battery, 1 way flight only, etc). I doubt you'd want to take the level of modding that far, as it starts to be impractical (and probably illegal in most countries).

Hello again, at the moment I have a mavik air 1 near me, on which I have modified the antennas myself with 12 dB, at the moment my range is so good that I can easily go over 6 km in a mountainous environment, now the problem is with the battery, here there is and other solutions, but I will not talk about it now. the reason i want to change my current drone, air 1, is its hum. the mini is quieter, but with the controller MR1SD25 , I don't know how far its distance can be extended, even with fancy antennas and other things.
if you have Mavic Air and the only issue is the batteries, then work on the battery mod. Believe me, you will regret switching from Mavic Air to Mini2.

check this out

i have the same question as you have.

Reactions: Mrprop365
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS