DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Re epitome problem

platty

Reactions
I have the Magic mini and live On a 10 acre property and we are surrounded by tall gum trees. When I fly over the trees and bring the drone down into the neighbours property I lose reception. I take it that that the trees are causing the problem. So… if I keep the drone above the trees and keep flying will I still get the poor reception problem ? Is there any way of improving the reception ? I have seen the curved shield you can put behind the antennas … do they work ?

We use the Alien Dual Antenna system with the Mini 2 and although the signal is much stronger , it fades the lower you go below the tree line .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini in the Rain.

I feel like it would be a good idea to ask this, are your neighbours aware of you trying to bring your drone into their property? If not you might want to ask for permission first…

I take it that that the trees are causing the problem. So… if I keep the drone above the trees and keep flying will I still get the poor reception problem ? Is there any way of improving the reception ? I have seen the curved shield you can put behind the antennas … do they work ?
Your control signal can get through a few branches, but cannot penetrate dense vegetation.
You need a clear, unobstructed line of sight between the controller and the drone.

Your control signal can get through a few branches, but cannot penetrate dense vegetation.
You need a clear, unobstructed line of sight between the controller and the drone.
Ok thanks for that. I now realise that when I was watching the videos on this drone before I bought it … the drone was always flown in an open area. I didn’t know trees were going to be a problem.

Yes
Ok thanks for that. I now realise that when I was watching the videos on this drone before I bought it … the drone was always flown in an open area. I didn’t know trees were going to be a problem.
Yes, with Mini SE that still using enhanced wifi, trees indeed problematic.. i've flown in a nice open field, surrounded by trees, as long as you maintain clear LOS between RC and the aircraft, transmission fine..

but as soon as you get obstructed between trees, remote suddenly sends signal weak warning.. your best bet is fly higher, and maintain that line of sight.. and don't forget to point your RC antennas (the back flat side, not "point side") to your drone

i only own Mini SE, i don't know if other Mavic that uses Occusync 2 have better signal transmission..

Reactions: Crash and Burn
Th
Yes

Yes, with Mini SE that still using enhanced wifi, trees indeed problematic.. i've flown in a nice open field, surrounded by trees, as long as you maintain clear LOS between RC and the aircraft, transmission fine..

but as soon as you get obstructed between trees, remote suddenly sends signal weak warning.. your best bet is fly higher, and maintain that line of sight.. and don't forget to point your RC antennas (the back flat side, not "point side") to your drone

i only own Mini SE, i don't know if other Mavic that uses Occusync 2 have better signal transmission..
anks for that. I always get anxious when a loss of signal comes up and the screen goes blank

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000