DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Remote has no charging port??

illinibri92

Reactions
Pilots, I just received my first Drone, the Mavic Mini. Opened the box and getting everything set up. I went to charge my remote per the instructions and the charging port is not there. It looks as if the outline of the port is etched in the plastic but there is no actual hole to insert the male end of the charging cable. Am I missing something??

DJI Mini Remote .jpeg

Last edited:
Tha manual can be found Mavic Mini - Downloads - DJI
The normal phone style micro USB leads fits in the sockey ringed, smaller side up bigger side down. as shown in your 'etching'.

Attachments

• DJI Mini Remote .jpg
    DJI Mini Remote .jpg
    1 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: Thomas B
Isn't that port for the cable that hooks into your phone? The instructions say there is a micro USB cable that inserts in same area as the phone cable port that attaches to my iphone so I can see the flight camera. There is only 1 port open and it is the phone cable port. The micro USB cable port (which I believe is where I am supposed to charge the remote) appears to be still covered in plastic. The shape of the phone cable port is not the same as a micro USB male end (normal phone end) I am afraid to try and stick the micro USB male in it and damage it. The white cable is the charging cable. The black cable is the connection to my iphone. Shouldnt there be 2 open ports? 1 for the iphone connection and one so I can charge the remote battery? Or is the only port showing there for both??Capture2.JPGCapture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 24
MM only has the 1 port. That is the data port and the charging port. You can only charge the MM controller when the phone or tablet is not connected to it.

Reactions: jimlips and RMS001
The port I ringed is the only port on the MM controller. It is used for both communication with the phone and charging. You MUST insert the micro USB plug into the socket the correct way up as depicted on the etching

Attachments

• 20210128_205612.jpg
    20210128_205612.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: RMS001
Just be careful to plug the micro USB in the correct way up, you can break the internal contacts support in the socket if you force the micro USB plug in the wrong way up.

@illinibri92 a little Visual trick to help you make sure the charge cable is always plugged in correctly is to paint the top edge of the connector that way you know its correct ,that port is very easily damaged if you try to force the connector in ,so take your time plugging it in

@illinibri92 a little Visual trick to help you make sure the charge cable is always plugged in correctly is to paint the top edge of the connector that way you know its correct ,that port is very easily damaged if you try to force the connector in ,so take your time plugging it in
I put a white dot on with a correction pen.

There are often if not always, locking tabs on the 'bottom' of the plug. I use those as ID, the 'top' is smooth.

Pilots, I just received my first Drone, the Mavic Mini. Opened the box and getting everything set up. I went to charge my remote per the instructions and the charging port is not there. It looks as if the outline of the port is etched in the plastic but there is no actual hole to insert the male end of the charging cable. Am I missing something??

View attachment 122679
Same reaction at first time!

Pilots, I just received my first Drone, the Mavic Mini. Opened the box and getting everything set up. I went to charge my remote per the instructions and the charging port is not there.
Hot glue the micro usb permanently. I use an android device and power pack to charge as well. See the pic:

Attachments

• Mini OTG.jpg
    Mini OTG.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
It is deceiving, only one micro cable can be connected at the side so it's either charge the controller or use the data cable to phone.

You must be carful on which way to plug in the USB cable, the diagram next to the port shows this. Do not try to reverse the cable as it can damage and loosen the port.

View attachment 122679
That's disgusting. Just goes to show their QC aren't doing their jobs well. I'd take it back to place of purchase, request a replacement, open prior to leaving to check all is well.

That's disgusting. Just goes to show their QC aren't doing their jobs well. I'd take it back to place of purchase, request a replacement, open prior to leaving to check all is well.
Or you could read this whole thread and find out it is completely normal??? :oops:

Reactions: Robyhe and SkyeHigh
So glad to find this site and thread…. Was ready to start return process for my Mavic Mini as I thought the injection molded housing was defective and charging port was hidden! ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC