DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini SE arm not same as Mini?

Aero Frank

Reactions
I mistakenly ordered and installed a left front arm for my SE. Everythihg went well until the very last task: screw on the propellers. The tread size of the replacement is smaller than the propeller threads. What’s more, the cap on the motor has four holes (only two threaded, I believe) whereas my SE only has two. What’s more, the arm is slightly shorter than original. Sure enough, when I checked my order (Amazon), it is an arm for a Mini. Stupid me. But the bigger problem is I cannot find an arm for an SE. Two questions, please: are the arms for Mini and Mini SE the same and I simply got a poor copy of OEM? If there are SE specific arms, where can I find one?

The SE arms might be Mini 2 arms.
Note this is speculation on my part.
The front arms of the Mini 2 are stiffer than the arms of the Mavic Mini, they have a solid plastic insert in their rear wall rather than the foam insert of the Mavic Mini and from a just watched youtube the SE has the Mini 2 style insert etc.

@Aero Frank, @PhiliusFoggg is correct the SE uses the arms and motors from the Mini2 which as he says are different to the original MM, and it means that the original props and screws are different as well ,

Yes the arm for the mavic mini screw thread is of a different pitch. I did the same and just threw it away and superglued with baking soda to hardened the mini se arm and is good as new. Did a hover test flight and all is fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka