DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini SE first fight

cheddar-man

Reactions
Took the bird up for its first flight this afternoon. Very gentle to fly, unless you hit the "S" buttonšŸ˜
First flight was straight up and was surprised to get "weak signal" messages at 300+ feet - the aerials were horizontal.

Second flight horizontal and got over 1000ft (400ft alt) before weak signals/disconnect etc flashing red. Entered RTH and came home.

Next flight low battery RTH.

Love the way it auto lands, so gentle. Battery down to about 5% and it took over 2 hours to charge?

Silver Street.JPG

Reactions: careless
Took the bird up for its first flight this afternoon. Very gentle to fly, unless you hit the "S" buttonšŸ˜
First flight was straight up and was surprised to get "weak signal" messages at 300+ feet - the aerials were horizontal.

Second flight horizontal and got over 1000ft (400ft alt) before weak signals/disconnect etc flashing red. Entered RTH and came home.

Next flight low battery RTH.

Love the way it auto lands, so gentle. Battery down to about 5% and it took over 2 hours to charge?

View attachment 142509
glad you finally got a mini !!, did you manage to sell your Phantom?
BTW the antennas are different to the Phantoms, you have to point the end of the antennas at the bird not the sides.
just realised that you bought the mini se not the mini2 so the antennas maybe different, on the mini 2 the antenna should be pointed at the drone unlike the phantom where the side of the antenns are towards the drone.
I thought you said on the other forum that you were getting a mini 2

Last edited:
Try putting the aerials vertically and then angle the controller so that the flat part is aimed at the drone. I suspect that leaving them in the horizontal position limits the vertical angle of the transmission.

@cheddar-man its the flat part of the antennas that project the signal on the RC that comes with the Mini se and flying overhead at height will lesson the signals to and from the drone because the antennas in the legs of the drone are sending the signals out wards not straight down you will also get some transmission break up at distance when you yaw the drone for the same reason unless the drone is either facing directly towards or away from you

@cheddar-man ,its not best practice to run the batteries down to such a low level ,especially when they are new it takes a few charges to get them up to optimum charge levels try to not go below 20% if you can it will increase battery life

BTW the antennas are different to the Phantoms, you have to point the end of the antennas at the bird not the sides.
Sorry but that is wrong, the SE uses the Mavic Mini controller so the antennae need to be orientated as you would for a Phantom. I.e, their flat face towards the drone.

Edit oh I see OMM has already said this.

Cheers guys, yes I'm aware of the antenna and found that moving the RC around does bring the signals back.
I'll be doing more flights and tests in the coming days!

Reactions: old man mavic
Sorry but that is wrong, the SE uses the Mavic Mini controller so the antennae need to be orientated as you would for a Phantom. I.e, their flat face towards the drone.

Edit oh I see OMM has already said this.
if you see my edit I did state that I thought he had a mini 2 but no, so I added an edit to correct my post

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR