DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini SE range

Badgerman85

Reactions
Hi everyone,

This is the question for mini se users and owners - according to your experience - what is real range of mini SE (the one where you see camera stream, the one you can still move instead of back-to-home).

Bonus question - does anyone here use it with Litchi? Any FPV experiences?

Since they are effectively a supped up Mavic Mini and have the same controller as the Mavic Mini I will throw In my experience.
I have seen my Mavic Mini lose connection at 300m and less, yet it has exceeded the spec, CE version, and reached just over 2km over open sea. At that distance it solidly regained connection as it climbed to RTH height. I have seen another, also over open sea, reach 2.4km and at the point the pilot turned it around because of concerns about the remaining battery charge.

The summary is, the range depends primarily on the environment i.e. local radio-wave interference and what obstacles are in the path of the connection, e.g. trees are a signal killer. They also need the controller's antennae correctly aimed at the drone.

It is also likely that the connection is not great when the signal's line of sight is to the bottom of the drone's antennae, I can lose connection with the drone over head but up high, in my usage above 50m would be high and that is with the controller's antennae flat.

I don't think I would want to even go so far as to say "x metres would be the norm".

ok - so in terms of range it is more like Tello / Tello with range extender then as it use the same technology (wifi) that suffer from the same obstacles (wifi networks etc.)

@Badgerman85 the Mini se ,is as@Yorkshire_Pud said above,a run out model of the original MM
not only does it only use advanced WIFI ,it also has two controller configurations ,one that uses 5.8gh for the US market and one that uses 2.4 and 5.8gh ,just as the original MM did
it is a MM in all but name

@Badgerman85 the Mini se ,is as@Yorkshire_Pud said above,a run out model of the original MM
not only does it only use advanced WIFI ,it also has two controller configurations ,one that uses 5.8gh for the US market and one that uses 2.4 and 5.8gh ,just as the original MM did
it is a MM in all but name
SE has larger motors it will fly in higher winds then a regular mini, they are NOT the SAME!

SE has larger motors it will fly in higher winds then a regular mini, they are NOT the SAME!
You are correct in that they are not identical drones.
Aside from possibly the motors, the propellers and the ability to use both Mavic Mini and Mini 2 batteries differ when compared the the Mavic Mini. The camera might also be "supped up".
BUT
In terms of the communication protocol and control range they ARE the same and that .i.e. control range, is the concern of this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
@Yorkshire_Pud thanks my reply was based purely on the connection between the RC and drone

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Hi guys, thank you for your input here - I believe everything was said here and topic can be archived for next generations. Cheers :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00