DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini SE signal loss at short distance, RTH activated.

Having several issues with mini se loosing signal and RTH activated, roughly 300 meters distance and about 20 meters high, no obstructions. Any one one else having signal loss on mini se ? Very frustrating.
Try manually selecting a channel instead of letting the software and drone do it for you.

Ideally.... install and use a WiFi Scanner/Analyzer on your phone first to find an interference free channel.

Ensure that the controller antennas are positioned properly as that can cause loss of signal. Check the manual for antenna positioning.

Try manually selecting a channel instead of letting the software and drone do it for you.

Ideally.... install and use a WiFi Scanner/Analyzer on your phone first to find an interference free channel.
Thankyou for your suggestion, will give it a go on my next flight. It is strange however as to where I have been flying the Drone in areas where there should be no interference, open space in country area..

Thankyou for your suggestion, will give it a go on my next flight. It is strange however as to where I have been flying the Drone in areas where there should be no interference, open space in country area..
The height is possibly an issue as well. At 20 meters height, 300 meters is actually quite a bit of distance. As someone else suggested you would have to have the antennas properly oriented and the controller pointed at the drone to insure a good signal..... at a 60 meters height I would expect to be able to go a much longer distance..... you might want to test a at different heights above ground to see if it makes a difference.

Reactions: dozzn
The height is possibly an issue as well. At 20 meters height, 300 meters is actually quite a bit of distance. As someone else suggested you would have to have the antennas properly oriented and the controller pointed at the drone to insure a good signal..... at a 60 meters height I would expect to be able to go a much longer distance..... you might want to test a at different heights above ground to see if it makes a difference.
Thanks again for further thought. I have wondered about the antenna positioning, and not sure the correct recommended positioning, is having them in line (straight out) with the RC or having them in a vertical position. Do you have a recommended position ? I also have a Mavic Air 2 to which I have no issues, and is using a different wi-fi system to the mini se, which is also a smaller Drone, but had expected it to perform better than it has so far, will try your recommendations on next flight including changing the antenna positioning. Thanks again.

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 5.48.42 PM.png

Thanks for the diagram, I always have antennas apart, just was not sure on the positioning, whether straight out or vertical. Will try strait out next time, have usually positioned the antennas vertically, instead of in-line with the RC, and always facing the Drone. Been rather frustrating, as suddenly occurs, looses display from the drone, and goes into RTH, luckily it does RTH.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61