DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini se transmission problems in the UK

JFB UK

Reactions
As an owner of a DJI mini se for the last 3 months in the Uk I thought the following point regarding transmission might be of interest to other users. I live in a small country town now almost surrounded by new housing developments, but as I normally fly no further out than 200 to 300 mtr radio contact is easily maintained. Being a CE dual band model set to automatic mode I had always assumed the drone would be flying on 2.4ghz frequency by default but on checking during a flight saw that it was on 5.8ghz. Tried to change in manual mode to 2.4ghz but although there were a few green channel bars as soon as one was selected that too turned to red. Although as I mentioned a new housing development as been built, most of the houses are not yet occupied so unlikely to be wifi interference from there preventing the use of 2.4ghz transmission. There is a mobile phone mast less than a hundred metres away so perhaps that is the problem. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Reactions: cris972
@JFB UK unfortunately ,the Mini se uses the same enhanced WIFI as the original mavic mini
and it is more prone to interference ,than other newer mini drones that have occusync 2 and 3
it chooses the best frequency,for any given moment during the flight ,depending on available channels in either 2.4 or 5.8 ,and constantly channel hops depending on what it thinks is best

Reactions: Poogan
@JFB UK unfortunately ,the Mini se uses the same enhanced WIFI as the original mavic mini
and it is more prone to interference ,than other newer mini drones that have occusync 2 and 3
it chooses the best frequency,for any given moment during the flight ,depending on available channels in either 2.4 or 5.8 ,and constantly channel hops depending on what it thinks is best
Thanks for your reply, don't really want to fly further than 300mtr or so, just puzzled me why 2.4ghz can't be selected. Guess it must be that O2 mast signals causing the problem.

Reactions: old man mavic
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself

Reactions: old man mavic
The range on my SE is mostly fine as long as I fly from an elevated point and don’t go over too many houses. As old man mavic said, the enhanced WiFi transmission protocol really limits the range compared to the new occusync technology used on the new generation of DJI equipment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots