DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini update

White_wolf

Reactions
Hi!

I've had my mini for nearly 1 year and always been great.

Tonight I opened up the Dji app and received the notification for the RC update.

I've done this, checked also the Aircrafts firmware - didnt need an update. Then also checked the geo update and that did update.

Then found this website after searching about the RC update and saw the signal hack.

I'm a little baffled as my phone is showing mine as using channel 1 to 13 then up to 165.

At home it is using 5.8ghz also.

My question, have I misunderstood something in terms that it should show this is the transmission screen as normal or has something happened that I dont realise?

Screen shot attached so it makes sense.

Thank you,

Mick.
Screenshot_20210827-222224.jpg

@White_wolf not quite sure what you are getting at with your question
i just tried my Mini 1and the transmission screen is the same as yours in 5.8 and 149 as the chosen channel
drones sold in the UK have always had the ability to use either 5.8 or 2.4 its only the US that uses 5.8 for RC only ,i believe the Hack you are talking about is to increase the strength of the output of the RC to match that of the US spec drones the MIni 1 was the first DJI drone to have a different RC for the US and the rest of the world, in auto mode the RC goes through all the channels and chooses which channel is going to give the best signal between the RC and drone, depending on how much noise it detects from other RF sources in the area and depending on location this can be either 2.4 or 5.8

@White_wolf not quite sure what you are getting at with your question
i just tried my Mini 1and the transmission screen is the same as yours in 5.8 and 149 as the chosen channel
drones sold in the UK have always had the ability to use either 5.8 or 2.4 its only the US that uses 5.8 for RC only ,i believe the Hack you are talking about is to increase the strength of the output of the RC to match that of the US spec drones the MIni 1 was the first DJI drone to have a different RC for the US and the rest of the world, in auto mode the RC goes through all the channels and chooses which channel is going to give the best signal between the RC and drone, depending on how much noise it detects from other RF sources in the area and depending on location this can be either 2.4 or 5.8
Hi,

Yep, that's what I was getting towards yes.
Sounds as if it isnt worth trying on mine perhaps.

Many thanks for your reply!

Reactions: old man mavic
@White_wolf the problem with the hack is that at the end of the day its not going to make a lot of difference in real terms ,the signal can still be compromised by out side interference ,plus the fact that technically you would be in breach of the radio transmission signal strength requirements in the UK if you did do it ,as you say its just not worth it ,better off getting the Mini2 with the better occusync transmission between the RC and drone , personally i have never had any issues with the signal dropping out with my MM, but then admittedly i only use it for close up flying or in situations where i dont want to use my MPP, i cant really see the MM much further that 600ft with my old eyes anyway, as opposed to the MPP which i can see out to around double that with my fitted Nav lights in bright sunshine ,so signal reliability at distance is not something i have to worry about

@White_wolf the problem with the hack is that at the end of the day its not going to make a lot of difference in real terms ,the signal can still be compromised by out side interference ,plus the fact that technically you would be in breach of the radio transmission signal strength requirements in the UK if you did do it ,as you say its just not worth it ,better off getting the Mini2 with the better occusync transmission between the RC and drone , personally i have never had any issues with the signal dropping out with my MM, but then admittedly i only use it for close up flying or in situations where i dont want to use my MPP, i cant really see the MM much further that 600ft with my old eyes anyway, as opposed to the MPP which i can see out to around double that with my fitted Nav lights in bright sunshine ,so signal reliability at distance is not something i have to worry about
I do like the idea of the M2 with the occusync but got my MM as a birthday present so couldn't justify getting rid.

A second drone you say?! Now theres an idea!

A friend did get an Air and showed me it, then bought a grabber that works off the light. That I found interesting.

But for now, I'm happy with my MM and just getting out there and flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth