DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini USB cables??

CareyL

Reactions
So my MM arrived - Yay. And I am baffled. It comes with the same 3 mini square connectors to various micro usb connectors. Exactly what are you supposed to use to charge the MC? And why not use the same micro usb to C, micro usb or thunderbolt for everything?

I ask the above because I would like to also connect a power bank with an otg Y while using the Mini. I currently do this with my Mavic Pro 1. Any ideas welcome.

So my MM arrived - Yay. And I am baffled. It comes with the same 3 mini square connectors to various micro usb connectors. Exactly what are you supposed to use to charge the MC? And why not use the same micro usb to C, micro usb or thunderbolt for everything?

I ask the above because I would like to also connect a power bank with an otg Y while using the Mini. I currently do this with my Mavic Pro 1. Any ideas welcome.
sorry but this is not possible on the mini controller, its either charge the controller or run the device there are usb to micro usb to charge the controller and or batteries they are the white ones

use any standard micro USB to charge the Mini or the RC. just be careful with the RC and plug the RC in correctly. DJI actually on the Mini RC next to the port put a little symbol to show the proper orientation of the Micro USB plug

Reactions: AIredale1
Same reasoning as for the other remotes.
Main use of port is as an A device, like a PC, to connect to a mobile device. We're just used to micro being on B type device, like a mouse.
The Micro A formfactor can accept a connection from a B type plug. Accepting charge and connection from a PC is a B type function.
A device's port can't be both A and B. That's why they came up with C.

i used the charger that came with the flymore combo and charged up the three batteries in the hub but for the controller i just used an old android charger with a standard cable that worked fine for charging the controller at the same time as the batteries for the drone

i used the charger that came with the flymore combo and charged up the three batteries in the hub but for the controller i just used an old android charger with a standard cable that worked fine for charging the controller at the same time as the batteries for the drone
The adapter that comes with the MM is a smart adapter. It will control the flow by the demand. If it notices that the cable is not big enough it just reduces power and charges slower. It’s kind of cool that it will do both the batteries and the remote at the same time by using the output USB output on the battery charger.

The adapter that comes with the MM is a smart adapter. It will control the flow by the demand. If it notices that the cable is not big enough it just reduces power and charges slower. It’s kind of cool that it will do both the batteries and the remote at the same time by using the output USB output on the battery charger.
have you tried that out i did not think it could do that the only problem is that it charges the drone batteries one at a time and then when they are all finished it probably tops up the remote afterwards

have you tried that out i did not think it could do that the only problem is that it charges the drone batteries one at a time and then when they are all finished it probably tops up the remote afterwards
It charges one battery and the remote at the same time, using the power block, and both cables.

Reactions: old man mavic
It charges one battery and the remote at the same time, using the power block, and both cables.
well thanks thats good to know

My understanding both by reviews and manual was that A port on hub does not output (paraphrased) when hub is changing batteries. I'm not sure if RC accepts QC charging but the hub does not output QC.

So to continue:
I am able to both connect my 2A power bank to my phone and Mini MC at the same time. This gives me a phone charge, (with a bright screen this is useful), and data to and from the MC. I have attached a picture. I am using a micro b, not the supplied square one, to the MC. The data cables are noticeably thicker. (Updated)

Attachments

• 20191129_100646.jpg
    20191129_100646.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
You won't be able to power/charge the RC while using it to connect to phone. A port in A mode can only give, not receive power.
And in order for the phone to connect to the RC, port on RC that phone is connected to has to be in A mode.

My combo hub charger doesn’t charge the controller while the batteries are charging
[/QUOTE/
Hope someone else will chime in here.
I just finished topping off everything, and like the first time, was certain that one battery and the RC charged at the same time. If I'm wrong, sorry, I have plenty of other charging methods.

More concerned about discharging. No self, auto, smart discharge so we have to "fly or die". When using the battery hub to charge something else, does it drain each battery, in order, to the proper storage level or beyond? Don't feel like staring at the charger to do it manually. Rather fly. Guess I will find out soon.

According to manual and member experience, hub uses all of one battery before moving to another. I think manual said battery with least charge is first.

If you daisy chain RC to hub, RC begins charge once batteries are done. It also looks like QC is passed through as RC seems to quick charge, if indeed it's capable.

Reactions: Bbarr and Capt KO
So to continue:
I am able to both connect my 2A power bank to my phone and Mini MC at the same time. This gives me a phone charge, (with a bright screen this is useful), and data to and from the MC. I have attached pictures. I am using a micro b, not the supplied square one, to the MC. I am still pursuing supplying power to the MC as well but need a new data + power Y. The Power + data cables are noticeably thicker.

Please provide links to the cables needed to accomplish what you did.

The cable going to the RC has to be wired as OTG so as to set the RC port to A mode. In A mode, RC can't take power but gives it.
Therefore power bank power has to go to the phone. Best if power isolated from RC at least with a small resistor.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada