DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini will not connect to RC

minijoe

Reactions
Okay,now it is my turn to question what happened to my Mini. I went to a park to fly this morning. Perfect conditions also, no wind, clear skies. Set everything on the drone up like I usually. Everything looked good. Compass calibrated fine (new location in this park). Went to fly and it didn’t start. Looked at the screen and there was a message on the screen that the Mini was not connected to the RC. So then I started looking for the problem. Decided to turn off the Mini to check things out. Mini would not turn off. Took the battery out and started over. While checking I noticed in the settings that under Transmission there was no signal. It was set to manual and I could not select Auto. Packed everything up and went to the house.

Can you control the camera from the roller switch or do a combination stick command (CSC) to start the motors on the RC, if you can it's not disconnected ?
I'd try another cable, what device are you using for DJI Fly ?
Check the micro-A usb port on the side of the RC for damage e.g, bent or broken tab inside the port

No, I could not get the motors to start no matter what I did. I did notice the gimbal was slanted to one side. I could not turn the Mini off with the power button.
Tonight I tried it again and all was good. I flew it around my yard for about 20 minutes. After flying around my yard I though the problem was solved. I downloaded a couple pics and right before shutting it down I reformatted the card. Not two minutes went by I saw the props twitch and saw on the screen Aircraft not connected to RC. tried to turn off the Mini and noticed the 1st and 4th power lights on the Mini were on. The Mini would not turn off. I am using an iPad but hooked up my iPhone and got the same result.

No, I could not get the motors to start no matter what I did. I did notice the gimbal was slanted to one side. I could not turn the Mini off with the power button.
Tonight I tried it again and all was good. I flew it around my yard for about 20 minutes. After flying around my yard I though the problem was solved. I downloaded a couple pics and right before shutting it down I reformatted the card. Not two minutes went by I saw the props twitch and saw on the screen Aircraft not connected to RC. tried to turn off the Mini and noticed the 1st and 4th power lights on the Mini were on. The Mini would not turn off. I am using an iPad but hooked up my iPhone and got the same result.

Strange looks like it's battery related, have you got another batter to try ?

i just had same issue and figured it out!!!

take out SD card and wait a second. i think need replace SD card is all it takes. try and let me know!

Reactions: ff22
Similar issue occurred after a firmware update soon after release. It was fixed by powering up without the SD card, or formatting the card externally.
I suspect the strange log and other files you see on the card are used by flight control and confuses the boot process if corrupted or incompatible.

Reactions: colorado kid
Similar issue occurred after a firmware update soon after release. It was fixed by powering up without the SD card, or formatting the card externally.
I suspect the strange log and other files you see on the card are used by flight control and confuses the boot process if corrupted or incompatible.
maybe, stupid question...but, how does one format SD card? just bought a new one.

maybe, stupid question...but, how does one format SD card? just bought a new one.

In DJI Fly

1604827092959.png

Or you can do it in a PC that has a built in SD card reader or via USB SD card reader

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada