DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini2 YAW Mystery

HH-1

Reactions
I was flying the Mini2 in the backyard with the Smart Controller, both with latest updates, all went fine. Recharged everything. Next day went to Fly Park, turned on Mini2 and SC, got authorization (Fly Park in approach/landing zone for airport) to fly. Mini2 took off, I turned it left and right, all is well, raised and lowered it, all well, Yaw right nicely, yaw left - NOTHING just hovered??? Tried adjusting and in some things - resetting, Then landed, shut controller and mini2 off, waited about 5 minutes, turned all back on, raised the Mini2, then tried the YAW again - SAME, to the right ffine, to the left - NOTHING, just hover. There was a low ceiling for regular aircraft - low clouds, did not notice the number of Satellites showing on controller. Packed it up and came home. Got home went to backyard, set everything back up, no authorization required, Mini2 took off and ALL worked fine! Still IS working fine???

@HH-1 sounds very much like you were right on the edge of a geofenced zone 'where you intended to fly .
if you can go to the same spot again go up Yaw right and fly forwards 20 ft then try to yaw left again, if it then yaws left ok, fly forwards till it geofences ,and see if that is at the same point as you originally took off from

@HH-1 sounds very much like you were right on the edge of a geofenced zone 'where you intended to fly .
if you can go to the same spot again go up Yaw right and fly forwards 20 ft then try to yaw left again, if it then yaws left ok, fly forwards till it geofences ,and see if that is at the same point as you originally took off from
I had already got the authorization on the Smart Controller. Before raking off. But will try that next time I go there - thank you.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3