Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini6 ipad Screen Brightness Loss

Hummingbird.UAV

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I have had a mini6 iPad for six months. The screen became so dim that at max brightness that I could not use it outside even with a good hood. I did a side-by-side brightness comparison with a mini4. Both have the same brightness spec. With the mini6 on full manual brightness, the mini4 brightness slider was at half to match the mini6. Doing a google search on the subject I found that this sometimes happens to many Apple devices. It stated that after doing a number of iOS updates the screen can dim. The article suggested a number of setting changes/corrections. None worked for me except the last one, a hard reset. After this, the mini6 brightness was the same as my mini4. Sadly this kind of reset wipes out a lot of info. You have to redo finger scans, wifi passwords, Bluetooth devices, but all of your data and apps are untouched.

I believe if you do a backup (using iCloud, iTunes on Windows, or Finder on Mac) before the hard reset you should get back much of what you had using the restore function.

Too late now but worth a try if you have to do a hard reset again. I backup my iPhone and iPad every so often, usually before an iOS upgrade.

Fingerprint scans are not backed up but i believe wifi passwords may be. The info that gets saved/restored depends on the method you use. More info here: Backup methods for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada