DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Minimum spec iphone to use with Mavic Pro

MADave

Reactions
Hi a quick question for all of you experienced Mavic owners. What is the minimum specification iPhone that will fly the Mavic pro reliably. Reason for asking is that I picked up a little bit Pro yesterday and straight away experienced some disconnection issues and slow charging messages appearing on my phone etc which is an Android. I understand that there can be problems with cables with the type c USB connections and with memory cards but most of these seem to be restricted to people using Android devices. Whilst I'd like to stay with Android as I have both my main phone and tablet running that operating system if necessary I would consider buying cheap iPhone to use as a dedicated methods of flying. Thanks

Hi a quick question for all of you experienced Mavic owners. What is the minimum specification iPhone that will fly the Mavic pro reliably. Reason for asking is that I picked up a little bit Pro yesterday and straight away experienced some disconnection issues and slow charging messages appearing on my phone etc which is an Android. I understand that there can be problems with cables with the type c USB connections and with memory cards but most of these seem to be restricted to people using Android devices. Whilst I'd like to stay with Android as I have both my main phone and tablet running that operating system if necessary I would consider buying cheap iPhone to use as a dedicated methods of flying. Thanks
I don't think there is a cheap iPhone, only a second hand one maybe.

iPad would be better choice unless you just want to make calls. And you can tether from Android to your iPad.

Want a screen which iPads come with Retina displays and being able to see in broad daylight is great.

Ipad Mini 4 is the minimum to use with the DJI Go4 app

I would consider buying cheap iPhone to use as a dedicated methods of flying

The latest GO4 4.37 runs on these devices

iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 5

I don't think there is a cheap iPhone, only a second hand one maybe.

iPad would be better choice unless you just want to make calls. And you can tether from Android to your iPad.

Want a screen which iPads come with Retina displays and being able to see in broad daylight is great.

Thanks very much can I ask would an iPad mini 1st generation 16GB Wi-Fi only work. You'll have to forgive me as I have Never Owned an Apple device in my life!

Thanks very much can I ask would an iPad mini 1st generation 16GB Wi-Fi only work. You'll have to forgive me as I have Never Owned an Apple device in my life!

The only Ipad Mini's that will work with DJI Go4 are the 4 and 5 models, unfortunately there is not a cheap way out.

Reactions: BossBob
Had same problem with my Motorola. G6 plus android 9 on both my MP and my 2 Sparks. Accidentally, i saw there we're 2 updates on dji go 4 in march and may, the time my problems started.
So i did a downgrade to 4.3.14 and everything is fijne now.

From Apple App Store in regards to DJI Go 4 app, device must run iOS 10 or higher, that puts you at anything iPhone 5S or newer, iPad Mini 2 or newer. Not sure how well it would work with an iPhone 5S (and screen is pretty small) but I used an iPhone 7 forever, I also use an iPad Mini 2 with zero issues. I also use an Amazon Fire HD 8 from 2016 with zero issues, just on an older version of Go 4. Amazon just dropped a new Fire HD 8 plus with 3GB of RAM that could may work with the current version of Go 4, not sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent