DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Minor crash in rotation, now said gimbal overload

Litz55

Reactions
I was fly in a hover and I didn’t realize there was a wall next to me. I was about 4 ft off the ground. I tried to rotate the drone slowly and ran into the wall. Little dirt on it ,but ever thing looked good. The gimbal moves properly on start up, but in flight the gimbal goes into overload. It still goes up and down, but not smoothly or not at all.

How does it move when powered off? Does it move pretty freely or does it seem to snag or catch? You might have kinked the very thin cable. There are 3rd parties that do repair work. Do you have DJI's Care Refresh insurance?

The gimbal moves though the normal start up procedure with out any warnings. It’s after I try to move it in flight do I get the warnings.

I have been working on a lot of the M2 cameras. It sounds like the roll arm is pinching the camera head. Very common problem. It is also very difficult for a "do it yourself" to repair. Someday I will make a YouTube on this topic. If you want to try it let me know and I will walk you through it. However I don't advise trying it unless you have some experience. Not as easy as the Phantom cameras to take apart. Very easy to destroy it.

I have been working on a lot of the M2 cameras. It sounds like the roll arm is pinching the camera head. Very common problem. It is also very difficult for a "do it yourself" to repair. Someday I will make a YouTube on this topic. If you want to try it let me know and I will walk you through it. However I don't advise trying it unless you have some experience. Not as easy as the Phantom cameras to take apart. Very easy to destroy it.
[/QUOTE
I am skilled tool and die maker of 45 years with high mechanical aptitude.

OK, you probably can do this. First get the roll arm. EBay is the only place I have seen them for sale other than Aliexpress. Is it a Pro or a Zoom? The roll arms are different. they are about $35 to $40. I have a few on order and can let you have one of them when they arrive. It takes about 2 months. Mine are about a month out right now. I have been able to straighten a couple if they are not twisted. If they are just pinched you can fix it. email me and I will try to help you that way. [email protected]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242