DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Minor damage -

vsrj

Reactions
On its inaugural flight, my Mavic Air 2 had a run-in with a brick wall. (I'll spare you the details.) Most of the damage was limited to the props which I have replaced. The only noticeable damage to the drone seems to be one of the black plastic motor covers (99% that's not the correct name). The drone still seems to fly ok, and I'm hoping this is just cosmetic damage, but I'd still rather err on the side of caution. Does this warrant a repair/replacement? Photos are attached. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 39
Keep in mind that the bearings in motor have been subjected to forces that they usually don't not get. (sideloaded)
I would definitely check motor carefully, next 10 flights, to make sure bearings are good (no up/down or sideplay) and prop is balanced......

Reactions: vsrj
@vsrj check the gap between the bottom of the motor and the arm ,it should be the same all the way round ,the black plastic prop mount can be removed from the motor to check for cracks and i believe it is possible to get replacement ones ,if all seems well ,then you should be good to go ,spin the motor without a prop on to check that the shaft is not bent

Reactions: vsrj
You should be fine, as long as you stay away from brick walls.
If you do get vibration than you will have to replace but I think your fine.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIr2 in the Rain and Land on the Water.
Thanks, I'll definitely pay close attention to that.

Keep in mind that the bearings in motor have been subjected to forces that they usually don't not get. (sideloaded)
I would definitely check motor carefully, next 10 flights, to make sure bearings are good (no up/down or sideplay) and prop is balanced......
Thanks, I will be extra attentive to make sure there are no issues.

@vsrj check the gap between the bottom of the motor and the arm ,it should be the same all the way round ,the black plastic prop mount can be removed from the motor to check for cracks and i believe it is possible to get replacement ones ,if all seems well ,then you should be good to go ,spin the motor without a prop on to check that the shaft is not bent
The gap seems consistent. I don't have a screw small enough to check the mount but I'm sure I can get my hands on one.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N