DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing Tripod mode and Map in dji go4 app

bsshog40

Reactions
I'm using an ipad mini2. I'm also using dji go4 app. I went to fly today, launched the mp and was going to change flight to tripod mode, wasn't there. Noticed software update to my mini ipad and thought this was the problem. Did the update, powered up the mp, went into flight modes and still no tripod mode. My "multiple flight modes" is on. Should Tripod mode show when the craft is activated or only after mp is launched? I have the mp and controller connected inside right now. Plenty of gps satelites. No propellers as I don't plan on flying it inside. Just checking all my settings.
I also lost my map on my ipad. It used to show my satelite view map and now its just blank. I'm not showing anything needing updated now. Help please!

I also use a mini2 wifi/cell. The map if I'm thinking right should be on the right and the compass should be on the left that's a circle with an arrow in it

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app

You have options for the map satellite generic or something like that or there's one I think it shows just rivers and streets Maybe

Yea, I've clicked all the layer options. It gives me the MP location, but there's no google map. I had the map the last 2 times I've flown in beginner mode. I took it off beginner mode and the map is gone. I went thru settings but all I seen concerning the map were cache options. It's like since the last time I flew, my tripod mode and bottom right hand corner google map have dissappeared. It only shows a green screen with the arrow location for my MP.

I know that they have moved the tripod mode to the main settings screen.
My maps are hit and miss at times.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.PNG
    IMG_0037.PNG
    507.4 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: jointeffort
I know that they have moved the tripod mode to the main settings screen.
My maps are hit and miss at times.
Yep, thats where mine is suppose to be. I have the same screen except tripod mode is not there.

Reactions: jointeffort
bb30b74d28f10aad0e11628a3e71bf9e.jpg

Reactions: younumpty
That's where it is on the DJI go4 app

I will have to try that. I was trying to get there by going to the settings mode in the top right hand corner and then hitting the aircraft icon. Thanks!
One other question, am I able to check that without actually flying? I mean can I activate it by connecting on my table and just going to that menu and looking?

I will have to try that. I was trying to get there by going to the settings mode in the top right hand corner and then hitting the aircraft icon. Thanks!
One other question, am I able to check that without actually flying? I mean can I activate it by connecting on my table and just going to that menu and looking?

You can get to the menu with that yes but to use The feature you will have to be in the air

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

If you have any other questions feel free to ask anytime. Fly safe

Well my curiosity got the best of me. So I fired up the mp. Went into that menu and all flight modes accessible there. Thanks again! On a side note, my map loaded up also. Wierd it wouldnt load during flight yesterday or last nite. Maybe it is hit and miss. Lol

bb30b74d28f10aad0e11628a3e71bf9e.jpg

1 You can't activate unless you're up in the air. Fly in normal mode and on the left screen, tap controller icon. In there switch on tripod. It's the one with the controller icon in the one picture you posted.

2 on the bottom left where u have the direction or orientation circle tap that. If screen big enough you will get map and direction indicator circle. If Not, it's one or the other...

Hope that sorts it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag