DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing tripod mode

oblivie

Reactions
Seems to me that the tripod mode randomly disappears and when I restart the bird it there again...anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

When I click the little quadcopter icon, it seems like half the time it just fails. Restarting Go seems to fix and sometimes it just works. Nexus 5x on Android 7.

The software is still buggy (like the speed display in Sport mode!).

What iPhone model? Latest version of the app?

May be useful to share this info to see if the issue can be localized to an OS or phone etc...

EDIT: Did not see your post Nathan as had the thread open for a few minutes. Guess this shows it is not specific to the OS then.

EDIT 2: Must be half asleep, you are having a different issue to the OP right.

Im having the same issue. It was there the first time I used the Mavic but now it has disappeared. Im using a iPhone 6s, the app is the latest version.

Seems they are having issues with it and/or are re-engineering.

Or, perhaps they are dropping it altogether.

One of the website graphics bragged about how it stabilizes indoor flight as well, which was one the selling points for me.

Last edited:
Don't think they're dropping it as they've just added a section on Tripod Mode to the latest update to the manual released today.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I've only tried Tripod Mode a few times on my iPhone 7 running DJI GO 3.0.2. It's been available every time I tried to access it though.

Those who are using iPhone, update it to the latest iOS version. I'm using iPhone 6+(not 6s+ or 7) and did. It want to update to the latest iOS as I thought it might slow my phone down.

I was missing tripod mode as well and no matter where I searched or swiped it was missing.

But once I updated my iOS it reappeared.

I have a Iphone 6s running latest iOS and Go app is updated. Flew the mavic for the first time yesterday and used tripod mode. Today it vanished.

I had to delete the DJI Go app and reinstall it to get tripod mode back. Lost all my flight logs though.

Today tripod mode was missing again! Frustrating

This is a little old but I still do not have tripod mode anywhere, i have an Iphone 6s Plus and have tried deleting and reinstalling, still nothing. Has anyone come up with any answers/solutions?

me too. im guessing there must be a specific condition or required settings in order for it to show up???

I had to delete the DJI Go app and reinstall it to get tripod mode back. Lost all my flight logs though.

Before deleting the GO app you should press the Cloud sync button to save your flight logs. When reinstalled press the sync again and everything comes back.

Reactions: Peel
I'm wondering if this is specific to a certain phone. I'm using the iPhone 6s. What is everyone else using that is also having a problem?

I saw a video that stated tripod mode doesn't show up as a option in sport mode. Are you using sport mode when attempting tripod mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User