DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mission Flight without taking pictures?

CarstenE

Reactions
Hello.

I´m an absolut Enterprise beginner.
A bit about my interest in this cool hobby, I´m a german farmer and in spring we cut our grasland.
At this time the roe deere is setting the fawn in the high gras. With my mower I would kill them if there is no possibility to find them befor.
So I decided to buy a thermal copter, a DJI EnterpriseDual with Smart Controller
Some test in fall look very promising.
Now I have some problems with the Pilot App.
I Think it would be the best to start a flight mission and walk below the copter.
i have no need to takle any pictures, because I directly go to the interesting point and decide what to do.
So my question: Is there any possibility to start a mission without taking any pictures or making a video? I could not find something in the menu.
Could I take any special settings?

Thanks for any answer.

p.s. excuse my bad english :)

Reactions: friocapital
I have a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. You can fly without taking pictures or recording video. The camera video will still display on the Smart Controller screen in real time even though it is not being recorded. Should you change your mind and want to record video or take pictures, you can do either at the push of a button and stop recording in the same manner.

As stated above by bumper, the FPV display is independent of shooting video. No reason not to also shoot video, though. You might see something later on the recorded video that you couldn't see at the time on the tiny SC screen. Maybe save another Bambi!

As GaggetGuy just stated, every time I come home and look at my videos, I see things that were almost impossible to see while flying. Take the video and check it out later. I view mine on a 27 inch mac, and it sure improves the experience.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have a mate who sits on his deck and checks his livestock with a Mavic Pro. He has also used it to help round up sheep and move to the other end of the paddock without having to walk the paddock himself.

Spoke to another guy, not sure of brand or model, but has a device below his drone. Hovers low over a gate and the gate opens. Also rounds up sheep with a drone.

Photos and video are optional so no settings to fly a mission for other purposes or just for fun. I have been known to check the surf. Bit naughty, beyond direct line of sight. But no one around to impact.

Reactions: kevinhooke

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS