DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missions where photos of a foreclosing home are requested.

BeardieFPV

Reactions
Hey everyone, new member here.

I recently started doing some one off jobs for dronebase, and every single job I get requires me to take photos of a home that's in foreclosure with tenants still occupying the premises. Recently I've been trying to complete a mission in a bad neighborhood in flint, MI and the tenants seem to always be outside watching for something.. I cannot get most of the required shots such as "eye level front of home, 5ft off street in front, etc.." The property is really close which is the only reason I'm bothering with it. How would you all approach this situation?

Thanks,

Last edited:
I think what might help is a Bright Green Construction vest and Two Red Cones.

Rather than sneak make a Dramatic Stage to fly from and get the Job done.
if anyone comes to you , let them know what your knowing.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
I think what might help is a Bright Green Construction vest and Two Red Cones.

Rather than sneak make a Dramatic Stage to fly from and get the Job done.
if anyone comes to you , let them know what your knowing.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
I agree, except Four Red Cones.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Put on a cop uniform (Joke) , launch your drone right in front of them and they will scatter inside to flush all their drugs. Take your time taking photos or video as they will then run out the back door trying to escape the police. Thumbswayup👮‍♂️🚓

Last edited:
Put on a cop uniform, launch your drone right in front of them and they will scatter inside to flush all their drugs. Take your time taking photos or video as they will then run out the back door trying to escape the police. Thumbswayup👮‍♂️🚓
That’s kind of a brazen statement. Everyone is human and everyone has a story. Just because someone lives in a not so nice neighborhood doesn’t mean they are a drug addict or a criminal.

That’s kind of a brazen statement. Everyone is human and everyone has a story. Just because someone lives in a not so nice neighborhood doesn’t mean they are a drug addict or a criminal.
Ya your probably right but why take a chance. I have spent some time in Flint, MI and unemployment is very high there so if the shoe fits as the OP said it is in a bad neighborhood in flint, MI.
I will let you go first and draw out the good guys.

Ya your probably right but why take a chance. I have spent some time in Flint, MI and unemployment is very high there so if the shoe fits as the OP said it is in a bad neighborhood in flint, MI.
I will let you go first and draw out the good guys.

I fly my drone(s) in Camden New Jersey. It’s a city directly across the river from Philadelphia. Ill be honest it’s a city that is a shell of its former self, crime rate is high, houses in many parts of the city are vacant or unwanted but I get calls for commercial drone work there very often. Never once did I feel threatened or have a problem.

Ive also met up with other drone operators for recreational flying there. There are amazing skyline views, a warship museum, and an aquarium along its waterfront. Nothing but great interaction with the residents I have come across as well as from the police department who has a great relationship with the community in recent years.

dressing up as a cop is a bad Idea it will just get you arrested and locked up for a long time.Its a major felony

I am not an attorney but this might be something to consider. Even though the home is in the foreclosure process, the occupants still have rights and flying to video the home might very well be considered harassment or an invasion of their privacy. I don't know if this holds any legal water but it would be something to explore.

dressing up as a cop is a bad Idea it will just get you arrested and locked up for a long time.Its a major felony
Yes of course I forgot people on these types of forums take advice seriously and I forgot to say it was a JOKE people.
The point should have been if you look official they will probably not even ask what you are doing. Wear a bright colored vest, use safety cones to keep people away from the PIC. Leave a flyer in the mailbox or door to let them know you will be there on a certain date and time.

Reactions: snowghost
Get a drone with excellent low light capabilities, and low fan noise, like mini 3 pro. Tape over the lights and launch it at the break of dawn.

Film the property while the hoodlums are still sleeping. Also don't launch it right in front of the property

Hey everyone, new member here.

I recently started doing some one off jobs for dronebase, and every single job I get requires me to take photos of a home that's in foreclosure with tenants still occupying the premises. Recently I've been trying to complete a mission in a bad neighborhood in flint, MI and the tenants seem to always be outside watching for something.. I cannot get most of the required shots such as "eye level front of home, 5ft off street in front, etc.." The property is really close which is the only reason I'm bothering with it. How would you all approach this situation?

Thanks,
I'm in Detroit and received a couple of these requests, but will not do them. It's totally irresponsible to evict families in the midst of a public health crisis that has killed one million in the U.S. alone.

This may be where an M3 with its telephoto capability comes in to its own. Or another drone with a digital zoom. Even an M2 Zoom?
Also, I have not photographed homes in sketchy neighborhoods, but have always worn a vest with my company ID, been respectful with all human interactions (and animals, too), and have not had a problem. Most are curious about the aircraft.

Reactions: orionshooter
There are a lot of questions about asking residents/to not be on the front porch. Assuming they are registered tenants it would seem that they, like property owners, have a right to quiet use and enjoyment of the property. You are only a photographer hired by a client who, I suspect, is not the property owner. So, my suggestion is to obtain a legal opinion yourself or from you client about what you can and cannot do to have a clear shot of the property front.
Is there an eviction process in place for the tenants? What are the details of the current resident lease? A lot of legal stuff to consider.

Reactions: BeardieFPV

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR