DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mixing 1080p and 4k in the same video?

lkwongolf

Reactions
I'm not sure if this has been answered before but alot of you guys seem like camera/video geeks ;) So I'll be using my mavic to put in some drone shots in some of my youtube videos but my point and shoot is shooting 1080p. If I put those two together in the video will it make my drone footage that much worse? If so, would I get better results filming drone videos at 1080p to match my point and shoot? If its pretty unnoticeable differences then I'm okay with just going 1080p and 4k in the same video

For a short answer, must people will probably be watching youtube at 1080p, so shooting at 1080p will create smaller file sizes and make for quicker to editing. If the final render is 1080p anyway, no real advantage to shoot at 4K (unless you want to grab stills, crop, zoom or image stabilize the footage).

Every setting has it's use. 1080p gives more flexibility in frame rates, for fast action you would want 60 or 90 fps, so you can shoot with 1/120 or 1/180 of a second. You could also choose 2.7K. Gives a lot more detail than 1080p, plus you get the 2x lossless digital zoom (Mavic Pro, not sure about Air) and could choose full HD video caching. You can still crop 2x if you render to 1080p.
4K of course if you need the best result with most information to work with in post.

You could use them all together in the same time line. You can render 1080p or 2.7K up to 4K, or scale it all down to 1080p, your choice. Try out various scenarios, you make the rules.

Reactions: fguthrie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580