DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM CE into FCC hack

I remember hearing from somewhere that the fake GPS has a problem - if the craft is disconnected and re-connected during the flight, it will revert to CE mode. Just wondering if this will happen on Mini hacked this way.

Reactions: Antaire
The logic makes sense. I know the FCC "hack" works for pretty much all of the DJI products and this "hack" seems interesting. I wonder if the same method works on the Mavic 2's etc as the original fake GPS hack works just fine with them.

hello from holland
what do i need to do this hack?
because my mm is also a fcc version. and want to get the fcc power also.
do i need another phone?
do i need software? can anybody help me please?

I am pretty sure there are 2 different control models for this. The difference will be the power output ... there is definitely a question mark over a CE remote having same power output even if in FCC mode.

It needs someone suitably qualified to comment on the truth or not ..

I tried it but on the CE you get benefits only on the 5.8ghz the 2,4ghz stay pretty the same power. The major benefit is for the fcc model in EU countries so your fcc power is not reduced.

I tried it but on the CE you get benefits only on the 5.8ghz the 2,4ghz stay pretty the same power. The major benefit is for the fcc model in EU countries so your fcc power is not reduced.
In CE countries, if you have a FCC model (I do), I use the Fake GPS hack and it works well. Here is a URL that explains it:

Have tried FCC hack for many times, dont see any difference for me. Anyone experienced any improvement?

Have tried FCC hack for many times, dont see any difference for me. Anyone experienced any improvement?

Tried the FCC hack on an FCC model in CE country. Works very well for me. Approx. doubled the range in congested area with a lot of interference. I still have to test max range in uncongested area.

I have an iPhone, I used iSpoofer to fake GPS my location on my iPhone. (trial first 3 days are free, but you need it only one time anyway)

Reactions: Antaire
[QUOTE = "Jiggadude, posta: 919282, tag: 116566"]
Próbáltam sokszor az FCC hack-et, nem láttam különbséget számomra. Van valaki javulás?
[/IDÉZET]
it's hard to get a drone license Thailand?

Do you have a CE or FCC model ? Where are you at ?

If a CE model on the 2.4 I also see no difference. When I tried it on my CE in the 5.8 it increased my range by about 75%.

When I use it on my FCC model in CE country it increased doubled the range and I still had great reception but got high winds and had to come back.

Its a good hack but if one doesn't pay attention and disconnect the phone before turning off the RC and MM then the MM will revert back to the CE mode and the hack has to be done again. That's no big deal but has to be done with the drone hidden from the GPS. Hopefully, soon, someone will come up with a program that will eliminate that hassle.

Hello the mavic min ce version are hardware restricted .. If you open your mavic mini controller and looking in the hf section you see that the last amplifier stage are missing the pads are there but the amp ic is missing.. so it does not matter what hack you use it could not deliver more output power cause the last apm stage are missing..
Best regards Thomas.

This is how I do it with my iPhone ;

You need to shield the aircraft from receiving GPS signals before taking off. Otherwise it will set it back to local regulated signal strength.

For iPhone users;
Get ISpoofer
Set the phone location to USA. Disconnect the cable.

Connect it to the remote control, turn on remote control.
Before turning on aircraft, shield it from receiving GPS signals. A piece of aluminium foil will do the trick.
Turn it on. Then when you are all set to take off, remove the aluminium foil and quickly take off.
The aircraft will receive the local GPS coordinates but because it is in flight it cannot change the signal anymore. Return to home works as usual.

This is how I do it with my iPhone ;

You need to shield the aircraft from receiving GPS signals before taking off. Otherwise it will set it back to local regulated signal strength.

For iPhone users;
Get ISpoofer
Set the phone location to USA. Disconnect the cable.

Connect it to the remote control, turn on remote control.
Before turning on aircraft, shield it from receiving GPS signals. A piece of aluminium foil will do the trick.
Turn it on. Then when you are all set to take off, remove the aluminium foil and quickly take off.
The aircraft will receive the local GPS coordinates but because it is in flight it cannot change the signal anymore. Return to home works as usual.

Interesting routine. I use another method with my android but yours sounds good.

When you land your MM what is the routine ?
Do you disconnect the phone before turning the RC and MM off or just turn all off and use the aluminum foil trick before starting it up again ?

Last edited:
Do you have a CE or FCC model ? Where are you at ?

If a CE model on the 2.4 I also see no difference. When I tried it on my CE in the 5.8 it increased my range by about 75%.

When I use it on my FCC model in CE country it increased doubled the range and I still had great reception but got high winds and had to come back.

Its a good hack but if one doesn't pay attention and disconnect the phone before turning off the RC and MM then the MM will revert back to the CE mode and the hack has to be done again. That's no big deal but has to be done with the drone hidden from the GPS. Hopefully, soon, someone will come up with a program that will eliminate that hassle.

Sorry, I should have said:
"if one doesn't pay attention and "FORGETS" to disconnect the phone before turning off the RC and MM then the MM will revert back to the CE mode and the hack has to be done again"

Reactions: Gommapal
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian