DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM devices attached?

Stevee7270

Reactions
Took my MM for my first fly in the park today with iphone6s attached.....couldn't see a thing on the phone screen totally useless :(
So now I have to go out and purchase something bigger which is going to have its own challenges with small length cables supplied with the MM

I bought 1 foot OTG cables by RCGEEK on amazon. You can get both android C type and Apple IOS cables. About $7.60 a piece.

Regarding the tablet hood, I had gotten one for my iPhone 6s and it did not help that much, so the brighter screen of the iPad Mini will definitely help. As for the hood, I would get a separate tablet holder and hood that places the tablet above the controller. I found when the hood is at the same level as the arms on the controller then it is hard to reach around the hood to the control sticks and buttons on the controlller.

This is the hood and setup I used (for my M2Z and 9.7 in IPad Pro. Similar products could be had for the iPad Mini 5

Same here. Getting ready to purchase an iPad mini 5 Saturday. Here is the iPad mini cable that was recommended to me, which I purchased today: DJI Mavic Mini - For Apple Devices - Custom Data Cable (30cm) - Lightning

And here's the hood that was recommended: Amazon.com: DJI Mavic Remote Controller Monitor Hood Sun Shade ‑ Part 28 (CP.PT.000589): Camera & Photo

Same here. Getting ready to purchase an iPad mini 5 Saturday. Here is the iPad mini cable that was recommended to me, which I purchased today: DJI Mavic Mini - For Apple Devices - Custom Data Cable (30cm) - Lightning

And here's the hood that was recommended: Amazon.com: DJI Mavic Remote Controller Monitor Hood Sun Shade ‑ Part 28 (CP.PT.000589): Camera & Photo
What ipad mini are you going to buy? Expensive option for me, more than MM itself, cant justify atm
Will struggle with home made sun shade and iphone6s
cheers

What ipad mini are you going to buy? Expensive option for me, more than MM itself, cant justify atm
Will struggle with home made sun shade and iphone6s
cheers
I was going to buy an iPad mini 5 with cellular service, but I had no idea it would cost me an extra $20/mo. I'm rethinking what to purchase now. Here's a thread I created on this subject, which may be helpful to you: 2019 iPad mini with a Mavic Mini?

Reactions: Stevee7270
BTW, please let me know how the GPS-only solution works for you because that would be my preferred option.

Reactions: tusc
BTW, please let me know how the GPS-only solution works for you because that would be my preferred option.

@RavenManiac , I just received the Ipad. I like the setup. The GPS works fine and I don't have to worry about the android drain/charge issue. Prior to this I was using my S10 with the controller. The only complaint I have is you can't use it with the Ipad case attached. Then again I had the same issue with the S10.

Attachments

• 20191211_144142.jpg
    20191211_144142.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 20191211_144324.jpg
    20191211_144324.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
@RavenManiac , I just received the Ipad. I like the setup. I just wish the bezel was a little smaller and it offered more screen real estate. The GPS works fine and I don't have to worry about the android drain/charge issue. Prior to this I was using my S10 with the controller. The only complaint I have is you can't use it with the ipad case attached. Then again I had the same issue with the S10.
That looks good. Thanks for sharing it with me. I'm not crazy about the top and bottom black bars, but it looks like us iPad users don't have a choice. Right now, I'm debating between an iPad mini and an iPad Air. Either way, I'll likely purchase a tablet holder so I can keep it in a case.

Yeah, I believe they will eventually release a native iPad version. Right now, it's strictly an iPhone app in zoom mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S