DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM No Flyzone unlock for home use - literally

• Thread starter Deleted member 109934
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109934

I live in the Blue Zone that requires an authorization, I was so infuriated I can't fly even at my home I almost return my little bird. Dron would not even start.

Someone posted pics of MM guts including GPS module on the back of it, and the idea hit me!

1573831319510.png

Covering top back with aluminum foil does the job for home flying where bottom sensors are still providing good stability.
Flying it right now in the kitchen authorized by my wife (Way harder to get permission then from FAA or TC), added only 0.05G of weight so still legal without a licence.

Thanks to the person that posted pics of MM boards, big thanks.

DO NOT TAKE IT OUTSIDE YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DRONE WITHOUT GPS (especially if you are new like me, just don't)

I live in the Blue Zone that requires an authorization, I was so infuriated I can't fly even at my home I almost return my little bird. Dron would not even start.

Someone posted pics of MM guts including GPS module on the back of it, and the idea hit me!

View attachment 85650

Covering top back with aluminum foil does the job for home flying where bottom sensors are still providing good stability.
Flying it right now in the kitchen authorized by my wife (Way harder to get permission then from FAA or TC), added only 0.05G of weight so still legal without a licence.

Thanks to the person that posted pics of MM boards, big thanks.

DO NOT TAKE IT OUTSIDE YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DRONE WITHOUT GPS (especially if you are new like me, just don't)
Absolutely brilliant! I live in the heart of Beijing in a penthouse apartment. So I have ample room to fly indoors but am not able since Beijing has a 30km NFZ. Can’t wait to try this!

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
Indoors you don't need a license for any weight.

Good idea!

Outdoors would be risky but should be OK at VPS altitude and good VLOS. Height is not dependent on GPS so even in ATTI mode, you still have control and should not go higher or lower than you want. Just note you won't have RTH or accurate view of location on the map.
But if you're in a blue zone, it's probably not legal outdoors at any height, even though below 100' shouldn't be a MAS safety issue at all.

Foil also works on the MP. If you use prop guards it will greatly reduce the pucker-factor and help ease tensions with the Reigning Authority (your wife).

Last edited:
thanks @DanMan32 sorry i cant resist you should be used to my one liners by now

If you are new, correct...you will lose control because of the lack of GPS assist.
But if you got into the drone hobby with non GPS assist drones (SYMA X5C/ X8C) or home made drones where you controlled the craft 100%, go for it.

If you are new, correct...you will lose control because of the lack of GPS assist.
But if you got into the drone hobby with non GPS assist drones (SYMA X5C/ X8C) or home made drones where you controlled the craft 100%, go for it.
Its only really a concern when you lose signal and rely on GPS/RTH to work its magic.
Foil also works on the MP. If you use prop guards it will greatly reduce the pucker-factor and help ease tensions with the Reigning Authority (your wife).
Dont tell him that, the shareprice in Pampers would have gone up :D

Once you are comfortable with the Mini it is a joy to fly indoors, under tables between chair legs, -very stable.
If you are unsure keep the tail toward you and fly in c flight mode. If you have the prop protectors even better. ENJOY

I tend to fly somewhat fixed wing. Fly forward, yaw where you want to go. Bank only for some course correction such as drift that heads you into a potential collision.

Today my wife said I generate to much dust inside...

I was kicked outside in a snowstorm... tomorrow I'm vacuuming the house to minimize the dust.

• Haha
Reactions: dino9832 and JS1600
I realized that immediately, but making comments about it, could ban me forever so I agree to blame defenseless done, it is all his fault... ;)
sensible man have to have her indoors sweet you are not alone

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest