DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mm rotating left to right while flying

Reactions
Hi guys, I'm a new Mavic owner and the mini is my first professional drone. I have had many years of rc car, plane, boat and toy drone experience. I've noticed about a dozen times that my mini would do a quick left to right rotation as I started my flight usually about 50 to 80 feet away from home point, but fly perfectly fine after that. Today I went from my property to a lake nearby and lost signal about a mile out and RTH started automatically. Once the transmission returned I noticed that my mini kept rotating like crazy most of the way back and I was freaking out! I thought a bird was attacking my drone and I didn't think it was going to make it back. I have no idea how to post my flight logs, but has anyone else had this problem? I did use a sun shield that I bought from Drone Valley and I was wondering if that was catching the wind on the way back and throwing the body back and forth.

I'm gonna go look at that now, but I wanted to say that I've seen my mini rotate left and right. Most times it happens at the same place. When this kept happening yesterday the screen did say gimbal overload, but I figured it was saying that because the gimbal was trying too hard to stay steady while the craft kept rotating. It was fine after I took off the sun visor.

I live in an area with no land line internet and for some reason my iPad mini wont upload thru my phones hot spot, so I'll take it in town with me later. I watched the map video and it does show the craft rotating in flight. I'm still thinking that the headwinds it encountered on the flight home got caught in the sun visor and threw it around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme