DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM stopped connecting to MediaPad M5 on 4th day of use

tripntx

Reactions
MM stopped connecting to my Huawei MediaPad M5 on the fourth day of use. I don't know what happen. It was connecting fine the past three days. Today it will not connect. Tablet recognizes cable plugged in and automatically starts DJI app when controller is turned on, but MM will not connect to it.

I tried a different cable, no joy.

Then I tried my Samsung S7 Active. It connects and I can fly the MM with full video transmission.

Any ideas why the Huawei MediaPad has stopped connecting?
Any troubleshooting ideas?

I can't help but I spent a good hour convincing my P30 Pro to talk on day one. I got it connected and about 90% through the firmware update my phone decided it didnt want to talk to the drone. Took another 45 mins faffing around.

Have you gone into developer options and made sure it is allowing the USB config to be manually selected rather than always auto choosing MPT or charging etc.

I can't help but I spent a good hour convincing my P30 Pro to talk on day one. I got it connected and about 90% through the firmware update my phone decided it didnt want to talk to the drone. Took another 45 mins faffing around.

Have you gone into developer options and made sure it is allowing the USB config to be manually selected rather than always auto choosing MPT or charging etc.

I just performed a full system reset to factory on the MediaPad M5. If it doesn't connect again, or stops connecting again, then the MediaPad will be returned to Amazon. I only purchased a tablet to have a larger screen than S7 Active cell phone.

I'll try looking up the setting for developer mode in this forum, and give it a try, but at this time I'm pretty bummed I spent $330 on a tablet that stopped talking to the MM.

Last edited:
Update, reset the table to factory. Wiped it clean. Downloaded the Fly app, and it is working again. Will test it daily to see if it stops again. Not going to setup my Microsoft 360 account or MS Cloud this time. The M5 was purchased as a screen for this MM, so I don't need word, excel, powerpoint, etc. on it.

Developer mode wont be in the app or on the forum, it's android specific

I had developer mode on, but not setup, because I hadn't researched how it should be setup. Last night I turned on developer tools, and turned on USB debugging, then turned on Aircraft Mode. Tested the MM last night, and it worked, but today it didn't. I tried turning off developer mode, and turned off Airplane Mode, but it wouldn't connect until I performed the full factory reset. I will not turn on developer mode again unless their is a need to, and I will need to understand how it should be set up if it is determined developer mode is needed.

We will know by Sunday or Monday if this will be a continuing problem or not about the M5 losing connection to MM.

DJI used to say that back in the P3 days, but they seemed to have backed off on that requirement. It's just a matter of what works best.

At least with developer mode you can tell the device (phone/tablet) what it should do when it connects to the remote. For me it kept on defaulting to charging only and it would not connect this way so I had to force it to something else.

You can turn off developer mode just as easy as you turn it on though.

I've seen androids always go to Charge Only even with RC successfully connected. The connection type is not a standard one on the list.

I have been flying my MM several times a day the past 4 days, and the MediaPad M5 has been connecting with MM every time. Haven't had anymore problems. The screen is bright outside, and DJI FLY has been working flawlessly on the MediaPad since I reset the MediaPad M5 four mornings ago.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme