DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM take a swim

bagger07

Reactions
this is my first drone only 2 weeks old and a few flight. yesterday in the backyard i practice my skill and pass over my inground pool maybe 2 feet over .i don,t know what happen but the only thing i remember is the word LANDING.and yes the MM sink in 4 feet for about 2 minutes i run to get the pool net get the drone out remove the battery and took off the top shell and blow air with an hairdryer after 15 minutes everything look dry so i put a full charge battery and power it on and yes everything start .the battery that was in when the incident happen is dead when i put in the charger i got 3 fast blink and nothing happen.
the gimbel is ok only the camera lens was very foggy so i put the drone in a ziplock for the night with silica gel bag in . this morning the lens was almost perfect 75% dry picture was foggy so i put the drone outside facing the sun all morning and yessssss everything is ok picture and video is perfect
i fly the drone today and everything work fine...so just 1 battery to replace
I am lucky after all
Bagger

this is my first drone only 2 weeks old and a few flight. yesterday in the backyard i practice my skill and pass over my inground pool maybe 2 feet over .i don,t know what happen but the only thing i remember is the word LANDING.and yes the MM sink in 4 feet for about 2 minutes i run to get the pool net get the drone out remove the battery and took off the top shell and blow air with an hairdryer after 15 minutes everything look dry so i put a full charge battery and power it on and yes everything start .the battery that was in when the incident happen is dead when i put in the charger i got 3 fast blink and nothing happen.
the gimbel is ok only the camera lens was very foggy so i put the drone in a ziplock for the night with silica gel bag in . this morning the lens was almost perfect 75% dry picture was foggy so i put the drone outside facing the sun all morning and yessssss everything is ok picture and video is perfect
i fly the drone today and everything work fine...so just 1 battery to replace
I am lucky after all
Bagger
Very lucky...

Would be a good lesson for us newbies to try and sort out what happened. Were you low on battery? Did your RC loose contact with the drone? Could you have aborted to forced landing and flown it over and out of the way of the pool, even crashing in the grass instead of the water?

I think it’s a known issue being low over water confuses the sensors (reflections maybe) and it auto lands ... stay well above water I suggest

Would be a good lesson for us newbies to try and sort out what happened. Were you low on battery? Did your RC loose contact with the drone? Could you have aborted to forced landing and flown it over and out of the way of the pool, even crashing in the grass instead of the water?
battery was at 50% it's happen suddenly no time to react

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
My favorite subjects are old mill ponds, and have imaged quite a few from over the water without incident. Sounds like OP was very lucky!

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
could be the angle of the sun or the glassiness of the surface...I've sure read a lot of reports of drones going in the drink in the short time that I've been flying drones
People lose their drones and crash them because they think they can just charge the batteries and RC and just go flying.

Yes, as Gkinghrn says, you need some height over water otherwise it lands
I would really like some confirmation on this issue. I believe that the Mavic 2's with a variety of sensors can get confused by not only water but also sunlight. I don't know if the Mini's have the same or similar issues.

Been discussed here since Mini release. One of the first glitches reported. Earlier, pilots were putting tape over the bottom sensors to try to overcome the problem but that caused some hard landings. The solution seemed to be fly high especially if hovering. Usually 20 feet or more. Just fly careful and watch your drone more than the screen when overwater. Be safe

Maybe your battery is not dead, just completely discharged and the charger can not "see" it.
Try to measure its voltage with a multimeter. If it is zero or close to zero, you can try to restore it by some extent by plugging in parallel a sister battery completely charged at 100% during some minutes. Measure again the tension of the "dead" battery. If it is close to its nominal, you can plug it to the charger and it should charge. If it is still far from this voltage, renew the operation till you obtain this almost nominal value of a discharged battery.

Maybe your battery is not dead, just completely discharged and the charger can not "see" it.
Try to measure its voltage with a multimeter. If it is zero or close to zero, you can try to restore it by some extent by plugging in parallel a sister battery completely charged at 100% during some minutes. Measure again the tension of the "dead" battery. If it is close to its nominal, you can plug it to the charger and it should charge. If it is still far from this voltage, renew the operation till you obtain this almost nominal value of a discharged battery.
my friend did a test and he said the mini electronic board is fried so the battery is in the recycle

• Sad
Reactions: Peio64270
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929