DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM won't connect to remote

WNYDroner

Reactions
Hello all. Went to fly the mini tonight and the drone connected connected as usual, took off and got about 400 feet and the drone lost all satellites. Thankfully it returned home manually with some struggling. Turned everything off and restarted and remote wouldn't connect to each other. Well, actually they would connect for perhaps 5 seconds then disconnect and wouldn't reconnect. Another restart, battery change, pairing and nothing. No connection.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions to get them like each other again? If flight data is needed, I'll need instructions on how to post it. (I'm a noob) Thanks in advance.

Are the 5 lights on the controller blinking or constantly lit? I've gotten "Controller disconnected" messages from the DJI Fly app.. But, that doesn't mean the controller isn't connected to the drone. It just means the controller isn't connected to the phone.

I believe the lights were blinking. To be honest I was so frustrated I don't remember. I did check to confirm that the phone was plugged into the remote though.

You may need an internet connection to pair. I know it's necessary for activation.
Are you getting any error messages?
I you do get solid lights, you could use the "Starting Motors" move to verify that the controller is connected to the drone.
Start-Stop.JPG

You could also try the wheel on the RC to see if the camera moves up and down

Have you tried both of the pairing processes (via DJI Fly or physical buttons), where in each one does the process break down ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: ff22 and cfisteve
You could also try the wheel on the RC to see if the camera moves up and down

Have you tried both of the pairing processes (via DJI Fly or physical buttons), where in each one does the process break down ?

There was no yellow light that was indicating that they needed to be linked, but nothing else was working so thought I'd try that.
The break down is upon connecting. Everything connects as usual for a few seconds but then get the error that the RC isn't connected.

H
There was no yellow light that was indicating that they needed to be linked, but nothing else was working so thought I'd try that.
The break down is upon connecting. Everything connects as usual for a few seconds but then get the error that the RC isn't connected.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DJI Fly ?

Have you tried refreshing the firmware on the AC and RC ?
As you can't connect the RC to the AC, you'll have to use the DJI Assistant 2 method on the PC, this start at 1min in the video.

Download the DJI Assistant 2 software from here as there is specific versions for different drones, just run the .exe file

Reactions: ff22
I haven't checked to see if the firmware is up to date but will do so after work. I'm hoping it's something that simple and grateful the Mini didn't fly away. Thanks!!
H

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DJI Fly ?

Have you tried refreshing the firmware on the AC and RC ?
As you can't connect the RC to the AC, you'll have to use the DJI Assistant 2 method on the PC, this start at 1min in the video.

Download the DJI Assistant 2 software from here as there is specific versions for different drones, just run the .exe file

You don't need the phone connected to the controller to link the controller to the drone.
Switch both the controller and the drone on. Once they are on, press and hold their respective power buttons until their LEDs start flashing in sequence, it may take a while for the controller's LED's to do this (maybe 15 to 20 sec). Providing both sets of LEDs are doing the sequence thing the drone and controller should link.

NOTE the drone and controller need to be close to one another and the button-push is press and hold

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the advice. I refreshed both the drone and remote. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app on the phone and Yay, no issues. After some short flights of about 2000 feet in a wide opened field took it out wayy further.
Hoping this is a permanent fix!
Thanks again and Happy flights!

Reactions: ff22
Thank you all for the advice. I refreshed both the drone and remote. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app on the phone and Yay, no issues. After some short flights of about 2000 feet in a wide opened field took it out wayy further.
Hoping this is a permanent fix!
Thanks again and Happy flights!

Great , glad it worked out

Reactions: WNYDroner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andresc.castrog