DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM1 batteries on Mini 2, anyone test that?

ThePilot011

Reactions
Hello folks,

I wonder if anyone here has flown their M2 with the MM1 batteries. I watched a YouTube video testing both batteries but i read a comment from someone reporting that they received voltage error message while using MM1 batteries on the M2.

I’d appreciate any info from those who have flown with the old batteries.

No issues that I could find with the Mini 1 batteries in the Mini 2. You can charge the Mini 1 batteries in the Mini 2 charging bank, but not the other way around. The Mini 2 batteries have have a different chemical compositions, being a Li-Po battery vs the Mini 1's Li-Ion. I have also used my stand-alone Mini 1 charging adapters on the Mini 2 batteries, but because of the composition they stop charging once 1600 mAh's have been reached, requiring a "topping off" through the Mini 2 or the Mini 2charging bank. However having the extra standalone chargers, though not fully compatible really speeds up the charge process for multiple batteries. Even with an incomplete charge plus "top-off" it is far faster than just relying on the DJI charger that charges in serial (one at a time). I did not do a flight time test with the Mini 1 battery in the Mini 2 and all I know is that with the Mini 1 I could only get about 20 minutes of flight time on average and don't expect much more with the Li-Po batteries.

Reactions: ThePilot011
The Mavic 1 battery works with the 2 but not the reverse. Also, the M1 battery puts the weight a tiny bit over the 250 limit

No issues that I could find with the Mini 1 batteries in the Mini 2. You can charge the Mini 1 batteries in the Mini 2 charging bank, but not the other way around. The Mini 2 batteries have have a different chemical compositions, being a Li-Po battery vs the Mini 1's Li-Ion. I have also used my stand-alone Mini 1 charging adapters on the Mini 2 batteries, but because of the composition they stop charging once 1600 mAh's have been reached, requiring a "topping off" through the Mini 2 or the Mini 2charging bank. However having the extra standalone chargers, though not fully compatible really speeds up the charge process for multiple batteries. Even with an incomplete charge plus "top-off" it is far faster than just relying on the DJI charger that charges in serial (one at a time). I did not do a flight time test with the Mini 1 battery in the Mini 2 and all I know is that with the Mini 1 I could only get about 20 minutes of flight time on average and don't expect much more with the Li-Po batteries.
Thank you for the information, @vindibona1! I bought the Mini 2 by itself (I have Mavic Air RC that has no use with the Smart Controller) and I have spare batteries from the Mavic Mini 1 and I want to use them with it. Great to know it's been working fine with you.

The Mavic 1 battery works with the 2 but not the reverse. Also, the M1 battery puts the weight a tiny bit over the 250 limit
Yes, I was worried if there were other issues, but I noticed in another thread someone pointing out that DJI claimed the Mavic 1 batteries work on the Mini 2. As far as the limit goes, I frankly have the registration label on my Mavic Mini 1 and I will have another one on the Mini 2 when it arrives.

Thank you for the information, @vindibona1! I bought the Mini 2 by itself (I have Mavic Air RC that has no use with the Smart Controller) and I have spare batteries from the Mavic Mini 1 and I want to use them with it. Great to know it's been working fine with you.
FWIW, I have two of the Yx charge adapters (photo below) that work great on the Mini 1 batteries @ $13 each, plus the wall block. These will work on your Mini 1 batteries, and you can always charge the Mini 2 battery directly in the drone itself. One thing I noticed with the Mini 1 is that charging through the drone itself was only a slow charge even with QC wall block. But with the dome base and QC block charging was much quicker. Not sure how the Mini 2 will charge directly.

1606879164532.png

FWIW, I have two of the Yx charge adapters (photo below) that work great on the Mini 1 batteries @ $13 each, plus the wall block. These will work on your Mini 1 batteries, and you can always charge the Mini 2 battery directly in the drone itself. One thing I noticed with the Mini 1 is that charging through the drone itself was only a slow charge even with QC wall block. But with the dome base and QC block charging was much quicker. Not sure how the Mini 2 will charge directly.

View attachment 118270
Charging with the MM1 itself should be fast charging with a compatible charger. I use the hub, but I have tested out fast charging in the MM1 and the lights do strobe faster than standard charging.
Perhaps you have a bad cable.

The display dome only passes through USB.

View attachment 118270

Thanks for sharing. I will test it this weekend. I was planning to charge the MM1 battery on the M2 with the Smart Controller charger, and I assume it will be fast charging. I will report back when I receive the drone this weekend.

Charging with the MM1 itself should be fast charging with a compatible charger. I use the hub, but I have tested out fast charging in the MM1 and the lights do strobe faster than standard charging.

Good so the SC charger should work then.

I have a new Mini 2 replacement arriving today. I have a Kweisi meter that can tell me the volatage, throughput, mah accumulated and time. Perhaps that will provide some information. That's how I figured out the my Yx adapaters only charged the MM2 batteries up to 1600mah before quitting.

I think battery mini 1 in mini 2 are good for cinematic mode in perfect weather. In high wind and sport mode ill be dont use it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys