DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobile data affects camera position in Litchi waypoint

Marko5584

Reactions
I did a Litchi waypoint run the other day and since sometimes the map does not appear on my phone I put the mobile data on and the map loads up. Usually I keep mobile data off. The way point mission had several points of interest focusing on a distant cluster of three trees and then the bird swings around the trees and returns home. The camera maintains focus on them for a few hundred feet before the camera turns to the horizon. I have done done this several times before.

With the mobile data left on, the camera started undulating up and down for the second half of the flight.
I ran the precisely same course a day later with the mobile data off and the camera behaved well.

Why would the mobile data affect the camera in this way? (Although the Samsung galaxy phone I use hardly passes muster, this is the first time I have seen this. And I think it is the first time I had the mobile tracking on.) Why would mobile data being affect the camera on the second half of the trip and not throughout the flight?

TBH if it only happened once, you don't have enough information to say that turning on mobile data was the cause. It may just have been a glitch in one particular flight. Try again - a few times - with mobile data on to see if you can repeat the problem. Otherwise, what you've described may have just been a glitch.

Reactions: Kilrah
I use an iPad Mini4 and it has mobile data turned on all of the time. I have run large numbers of Litchi Waypoint missions while always using mobile data and 98%+ of the time no issues with the gimbal. I have however seen the same gimbal glitch you mention a couple of times, and I could not determine the cause... and since it is so seldom happening I simply do not worry about it much. When the gimbal glitch has happened, I did a hard re-start of the iPad and restarted the RC/MP and the Litchi App - and the problem went away. If you get to the bottom of the issue let us know. There must be a bug lurking somewhere.

I believe that even though the mission (ie waypoints) are loaded up to the aircraft, the gimbal pitch movements are done 'live' ie by the controller to the aircraft. So if you lose connection or have a bad signal or perhaps interference, the gimbal will suffer.

I believe that even though the mission (ie waypoints) are loaded up to the aircraft, the gimbal pitch movements are done 'live' ie by the controller to the aircraft. So if you lose connection or have a bad signal or perhaps interference, the gimbal will suffer.
Actually, in Litchi you can set the gimbal pitch for each waypoint, from -90° to +30°. It's quite nifty.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I know the camera commands are lost when the connection to the RC is lost, but in this case I was connected and I saw the video acting wierdly.

OK, here's the results.
Three days ago (Monday) with the mobile data on, the gimbal started undulating about 2/3 through the Litchi waypoint run.

The following day with the mobile data turned off the gimbal was fine and maintained focus on all the assigned points of interest.

Today I ran the exact same waypoint run with the mobile data turned on and about 3/4 through the gimbal started undulating up and down.

Mobile data is the culprit on my phone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake