DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobile Device CPU Fully Loaded

icecoldgin

Reactions
Advanced apologies if this has been discussed here already. Just send me the link.

I am using an iPhone 6 and I get this message "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected."

What is the cause of this and how do I fix it?

:oops:

It is strange to get that message using DJI FLY and not some other app but you can google for info like “how to make my iPhone run faster” etc. There are some info how to lighten the load of phone’s cpu (like eliminate visual effects etc). Flying with SE 1st gen, no any issues so far. Good luck.

It is strange to get that message using DJI FLY and not some other app but you can google for info like “how to make my iPhone run faster” etc. There are some info how to lighten the load of phone’s cpu (like eliminate visual effects etc). Flying with SE 1st gen, no any issues so far. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. Could be the hardware limitation of the phone.

If you have these setting on In DJI Fly turn them off
  • Histogram
  • Overexposure warning
  • Video subtitles
  • Cache when recording
All of these use a lot of the cpu processing bandwidth

Also an Iphone 6 may not be as powerful as the newer phones

the DJI apps use a lot of processor power to operate ,and with a phone there are already lots of apps running in the background
if you can manage it ,have a dedicated device for your drone shut down all apps not required for flying and as @lannes said switch off cache to device in the app ,these things apply with tablets as well only have things running that are needed

If you have these setting on In DJI Fly turn them off
  • Histogram
  • Overexposure warning
  • Video subtitles
  • Cache when recording
All of these use a lot of the cpu processing bandwidth

Also an Iphone 6 may not be as powerful as the newer phones

All turned off except the histogram. I should turn this off also

Thanks for the tip

the DJI apps use a lot of processor power to operate ,and with a phone there are already lots of apps running in the background
if you can manage it ,have a dedicated device for your drone shut down all apps not required for flying and as @lannes said switch off cache to device in the app ,these things apply with tablets as well only have things running that are needed

I agree. Something to consider.

Main problem is getting through the budget controller, the Central Bank. We wouldn't want the missus to use this as an excuse to buy her new bag ;) :D

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
All turned off except the histogram. I should turn this off also

Also, look in the phone settings at "Background App Refresh" in the General section and make sure other unnecessary apps are not trying to use processor time along with the Fly app.

Got it. Already checked some videos on "How to make your iPhone faster" also.

Let's see if all these works on my next flight :)

I've had that happen on a hot day in bright sun with my 6s while flying Mavic Air 1. The screen had dimmed considerably also. I try to shade the controller if at all possible. It's a very common problem to have an Ipad shutdown with an overheat message while using a program like Foreflight in an aircraft if the pilot has the Ipad on the right seat or in his lap. I've heard that it's the sunlight that fools the sensor and not the heat and it's trying to save the battery?? I dunno..but I know my phone goes nuts trying to compensate on a hot day with my drone. I've never had it happen with the same phone while suction cup mounted to the wind screen in an airplane even after several hours but I usually have it connected to power.

Advanced apologies if this has been discussed here already. Just send me the link.

I am using an iPhone 6 and I get this message "Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected."

What is the cause of this and how do I fix it?

:oops:
Hi, I have the same experience: on my older iPhone6 I receive often the "CPU fully loaded" warning. I did try this again yesterday, after I did some phone tuning: deleted most of not essential apps (now I have 40GB of 64GB free memory), switched phone to Airplane mode etc. But still, not only I get the CPU warnings, but also video durig flight was patchy, sometimes with 2-3sec delays. Not pleasant flight experience.
Than I did fly with iPhone 5SE, and next flight finally with new iPhone11. In both cases no CPU warning and video transmission was superb.

Conclusion ? iPhone 6 can be used when really necessary, but phone is constantly overloaded and ability to operate the drone is very limited.

@Tomas H. its not really about freeing up memory space ,its to do with the processor ,the DJI apps use a lot of the processor power to run and therefore if any other systems are running during flight then you will get the overload warning ,basically as you said at the end of your post the phone is not really up to the job of running the app

Reactions: shaneb50
I've had that happen on a hot day in bright sun with my 6s while flying Mavic Air 1. The screen had dimmed considerably also. I try to shade the controller if at all possible. It's a very common problem to have an Ipad shutdown with an overheat message while using a program like Foreflight in an aircraft if the pilot has the Ipad on the right seat or in his lap. I've heard that it's the sunlight that fools the sensor and not the heat and it's trying to save the battery?? I dunno..but I know my phone goes nuts trying to compensate on a hot day with my drone. I've never had it happen with the same phone while suction cup mounted to the wind screen in an airplane even after several hours but I usually have it connected to power.

Good feedback. I was actually flying on a very hot day at that time. This could be it also as I did not really have this problem during my previous flights.

I wonder if an aftermarket sunshade will solve this?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair