DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobile editing and Mavic video settings

Juliansmity

Reactions
ok I'm off on holidays to the Seychelles in a few weeks and taking my mavic and wanted to put together some short videos while i'm away using my ipad pro.

I usually shoot using 4k, 24fps and Style - None ( Standard) and Colour - Normal.

Any suggestions on apps and best style / colour to use to enable editing with ipad pro.

I've currently used imovie and purchased LumaFusion.

Thanks in advance

Lumafusion is amazing. It's what I use. I actually use it for clients occasionally if it's not a huge project as well. I really can do everything I need to do with it.

Reactions: Trevlam
Lumafusion is amazing. It's what I use. I actually use it for clients occasionally if it's not a huge project as well. I really can do everything I need to do with it.

Would suggest shooting in D-cinelike, can you colour grade in effectively with lumafusion ?

Reactions: And18vzqz
IMHO Lumafusion is the best you can do for editing on IOS device. It only has basic color grading though. If you want a great color grading IOS app then try Videograde. It gives a lot of control over the video. The downside of this approach is a slow workflow because you need to put it through videograde for color grading then lumafusion for editing.

Reactions: And18vzqz
IMHO Lumafusion is the best you can do for editing on IOS device. It only has basic color grading though. If you want a great color grading IOS app then try Videograde. It gives a lot of control over the video. The downside of this approach is a slow workflow because you need to put it through videograde for color grading then lumafusion for editing.

Hm, I've been looking for a better option for grading. Well, would it be possible to cut the movie in luma, and then export and run it through color grading? Just a thought. Instead of doing individual clips. I'll check it out.

While we're on the topic of a mobile workflow with the Mavic... maybe people using iPad Pros with Mavics could comment on the whole workflow ... do you just import into photos? Is there another way without pushing all your clips into iCloud Photo Library....? I'm using the Apple USB 3 connection kit with an sd card reader that should be arriving in the post soon. Haven't tried to use lumafusion yet, will check it out, been just using imovie. But yeah interested in the whole workflow, capture, import export etc.

While we're on the topic of a mobile workflow with the Mavic... maybe people using iPad Pros with Mavics could comment on the whole workflow ... do you just import into photos? Is there another way without pushing all your clips into iCloud Photo Library....? I'm using the Apple USB 3 connection kit with an sd card reader that should be arriving in the post soon. Haven't tried to use lumafusion yet, will check it out, been just using imovie. But yeah interested in the whole workflow, capture, import export etc.

Ya ok so I'm on an IPad Air 2. I have 128 gig so what I do is once I finish flying, and am still connected to Mav, I download the full Rez versions of the videos and pics I want and hit save to camera roll. Then I can just select those in luma Fusion and drop them in the timeline etc. also, it's 20$ for the app but it's the best iOS video editor currently out. I love it.

Found a good grading app also, Video LUT, allows you to use any available LUT files..... makes colour grading simple, for me anyway!

Does anybody have a solution for charging the iPad while simultaneously using it for DJI go 4 connected to the Mavic RC? I can transfer data via the powered USB 3 camera connection kit while charging since it has both a USB type A and a lightning port for charging ( the lightning port is limited to charging only), so I was wondering if anybody has any idea if it's possible to use some sort of cable connecting to the USB 3 type A port of the iPad connection kit while getting power through it's lightning port. The RC did come with a USB C cable, so I'm wondering whether I could use that with a USB-C to USB-A adapter plugged into the ipad USB 3 connection kit ... for what it's worth the connection kit provides power from the lightning port to both the iPad and the USB-A port.

Reactions: jamesw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin