DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobile power button not accessible

Manpreet Singh Bhatia

Reactions
hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has a tool or a hack to access the power button once we mount the phone on the Mini 2 controller.

It is almost impossible to access the button once phone is mounted on the holder. I have had multiple restarts due to improper placement of power button.

Nice that the phone is secured on the holder but if you want to turn the screen off or on, the phone has to be removed. My last drone was MA1 and the phone mounted with the power button easy operations.

Thinking and stuck , is it me only who faces this acute condition.

hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has a tool or a hack to access the power button once we mount the phone on the Mini 2 controller.

It is almost impossible to access the button once phone is mounted on the holder. I have had multiple restarts due to improper placement of power button.

Nice that the phone is secured on the holder but if you want to turn the screen off or on, the phone has to be removed. My last drone was MA1 and the phone mounted with the power button easy operations.

You can also flip the phone 180°, but you'll need a longer cord to do so. Easiest solution is to place the phone slightly off center, as needed.

You can also flip the phone 180°, but you'll need a longer cord to do so. Easiest solution is to place the phone slightly off center, as needed.
Flipping the phone doesn't solve the problem since the power button will start testing on lower area of the mount. It will continue to press.

Also sliding to adjust it being done to settle the power button between the rubber cushion on top. Sliding out half phone out , will take the form factor out.

I have a slim case for my phone. It is just thick enough that the holder would not press on the power button.

Maybe you could stick some thin strips of rubber in the "jaws" of the holder so it grips the phone body rather than the power button?

Is your issue to be able to switch your phone on and off once in place on the SC, or the location of the switch means the phone resets?

Is your issue to be able to switch your phone on and off once in place on the SC, or the location of the switch means the phone resets?
I will say both, if phone is slow. By the time DJI loads the screen goes to sleep. Again un mount the phone or remove cable and replug. Repeat restart happened once in a while. But my volume button have some scrapping

Interesting.

For the screen going off, I have Tasker set to two minute screen off when charging.

On my OnePlus 6T the power button fits into the recess.

I appreciate this is no help to you.

You could go in to your display setting and change the timeout for your display to maybe 5 minutes and also make sure that you gave permission to Fly to keep the screen on, that would solve 1 problem. As to the resetting because of the controller doing button presses scro had the right idea I think. Either try a new case that would offset the button from the grip or get some padding to put inside the grip itself to create a valley for the power button.

What phone are you using. I tried all of my phones in the controller and they all have plenty of clearance either upside down or right side up. Why do you want to shut down or power up your phone. the Iphone won't automatically shut down while in the an DJI app.

Reactions: historyman
What phone are you using. I tried all of my phones in the controller and they all have plenty of clearance either upside down or right side up. Why do you want to shut down or power up your phone. the Iphone won't automatically shut down while in the an DJI app.
He wants to just be able to push the power button to turn the screen back on. He mentions it affects "the form factor" but if you can just get over that and move the phone to the left an inch or two then the power button is exposed and it works fine. It's nothing to look an inch or so left of center of the controller.

hi All,

I made a smaller version of this
for my Samsung A20 instead of a tablet, but having it in place means neither my volume button or my power button are pressed from sitting in the remote.

Reactions: Little bird
Flipping the phone doesn't solve the problem since the power button will start testing on lower area of the mount. It will continue to press.

Also sliding to adjust it being done to settle the power button between the rubber cushion on top. Sliding out half phone out , will take the form factor out.
Take the form factor out? What do you mean?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123