DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mode 1 or 2

taroona

Reactions
Hi Guys, another newbie question, addressed probably to the Australian side of things. and more to the people that have used mode 1 in RC planes. lm just waiting for the mini 2 to come to aust and in the mean time doing all sorts of research on how to fly/use a drone. l have flown RC planes for 2 years In mode 1 and my thinking is to stay in that mode for the drone. So just interested in what other people have preferred to do, reasons why and ease of use eg gimble movement along with forward movement etc
cheers

Reactions: mereflyer
Hi Guys, another newbie question, addressed probably to the Australian side of things. and more to the people that have used mode 1 in RC planes. lm just waiting for the mini 2 to come to aust and in the mean time doing all sorts of research on how to fly/use a drone. l have flown RC planes for 2 years In mode 1 and my thinking is to stay in that mode for the drone. So just interested in what other people have preferred to do, reasons why and ease of use eg gimble movement along with forward movement etc
cheers
Use whatever your comfortable with. But if you crash an post your logs let the experts know what your mode in.

@taroona using mode 1 will not be quite the same ,as mode 1 for a fixed wing aircraft
the drone needs the stick to be pushed away from you to climb ,as apposed to being pulled back towards you in a fixed wing
if you have already got that muscle memory,then it would be very easy to make a mistake when you fly your drone ,and pull the stick back thinking the drone is going to gain altitude thats just my opinion others may disagree

@taroona using mode 1 will not be quite the same ,as mode 1 for a fixed wing aircraft
the drone needs the stick to be pushed away from you to climb ,as apposed to being pulled back towards you in a fixed wing
if you have already got that muscle memory,then it would be very easy to make a mistake when you fly your drone ,and pull the stick back thinking the drone is going to gain altitude thats just my opinion others may disagree
Yes OM - I agree with you, there should be an option to pull back for up, in mode 1. After many years of flying rc models and being well used to pull back to climb, I have found it annoying that this option is not available (or is it ?).
I often find myself correcting for this, even after more Mavic Pro hours of flight time than I care to remember!

Yes OM - I agree with you, there should be an option to pull back for up, in mode 1. After many years of flying rc models and being well used to pull back to climb, I have found it annoying that this option is not available (or is it ?).
I often find myself correcting for this, even after more Mavic Pro hours of flight time than I care to remember!
Thanks for the reply guys and l can see where yr coming from. l’m with you on the pull back for the elevator, but for some strange reason l have it in my head that to go up on the drone is to increase power which is the same as throttle on mode 1. l let you know how it goes!!.

l have flown RC planes for 2 years In mode 1 and my thinking is to stay in that mode for the drone. So just interested in what other people have preferred to do,
The default setting for DJI drones is Mode 2 and 99% of users use that.
It's quite difficult for a data whisperer to interpret your flight data if you use anything else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada