DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

model & serial number mismatch

KonaDrona

Reactions
I've just received a used Mavic 2 Pro purchased on eBay. The first thing that caught my eye was that the label under the battery compartment identifies the craft as a Mavic 2 Zoom. However the camera is the Pro camera, and the device connects to the controller as a Pro. It has a sticker with QR code and serial number on both the bottom of the battery compartment and one of the flight arms. However the numbers do not match. I'm guessing this machine must have been cobbled together from parts from at least two different drones (a Zoom and a Pro), but wondering if any of you have any further thoughts or suggestions as to which number to use for the serial # (does part of it, or the other number below the serial number, identify it as a particular model?). When I look up "about" on the controller with the drone connected, it gives me separate serial numbers for the flight controller and drone camera (as well as the remote controller device) and none of these match either sticker on the drone!

Last edited:
Reactions: asylum23
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929