DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moments of 2019 vol.2 - can't decide.

monty.roman

Reactions
Hello everybody.

I decided to make a second part of my Moments of 2019 video but here's the thing - I've actually made it twice.
I've published the first version but few hours and replays later, I changed my mind about the music so I made another version with a bit different music.

Here you can watch both versions, decide which one suits you best and see you all in the comments section below :)
Enjoy!

First version:

Second version:

First off, let me just say ... you are a MASTER at this! I just subscribed to your YouTube channel.

This is an excellent example of how music selection can dramatically change the 'essence' of a video. While both videos share some common shots / sequences, they are sufficiently different to make them unique. Also, the music in both of them were really, really good, and the transition timing was perfect.

Which is better? Heck, I don't know? That's like asking which one is 'more' perfect? Right?

All that said, I did enjoy the music soundtrack from the 1st one a bit more since it has vocals in it vs entirely instrumental. Also, there were segments of the sound track in the 2nd version that is getting a lot of 'airtime' on YouTube and YouTube Ads, so while this makes it more familiar, it takes a bit of the element of surprise away.

Bottom line, both were great and are keepers!

Thanks for sharing.

Allan

Hard to judge someone else's work... Especially on this level. Everything I'd say would be wrong (I didn't post anything yet, so...) It all comes to personal preference. Both very pleasing, both very good.

Hello Allan,
thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

The first version music was what I picked in the first place especially because it contained vocals (never had it in my videos before) but I wasn't able to tell whether it's good until I had it finished. What made me unsure was the 'drum and bass' part which, in my opinion, was completely out of genre.

The second music (actually there are two separate songs in the video merged at 2:13) is in fact a bit overused (mostly because author Aleksander Shamaluev did very good job and the track became very popular since last year when I used it for one of my Spark videos).

Despite the fact that I'm very limited in my editing options (I make all my videos in a pretty simple editor on my smartphone as I'm not currently interested in upgrading my laptop to cut 4K video), I'm trying to improve my work, especially by watching other people's videos.

To be honest, I'm into drone photography rather than video because no matter how much time I spend on making it good (about 6 hours on each of those videos I posted here), people don't really watch it so the outcome isn't worth the effort.
For last 4 or 5 months, the weather is playing games of patience with me so when it doesn't rain, strong wind blows. When the wind calms down, weather gets cloudy for a whole week. But still, rarely I get myself on a good place in a right time:
DJI_0877-HDR.jpg
LRM_EXPORT_2612108565224_20200105_195410208.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_404171030235913_20191113_073642490.jpeg
First off, let me just say ... you are a MASTER at this! I just subscribed to your YouTube channel.

This is an excellent example of how music selection can dramatically change the 'essence' of a video. While both videos share some common shots / sequences, they are sufficiently different to make them unique. Also, the music in both of them were really, really good, and the transition timing was perfect.

Which is better? Heck, I don't know? That's like asking which one is 'more' perfect? Right?

All that said, I did enjoy the music soundtrack from the 1st one a bit more since it has vocals in it vs entirely instrumental. Also, there were segments of the sound track in the 2nd version that is getting a lot of 'airtime' on YouTube and YouTube Ads, so while this makes it more familiar, it takes a bit of the element of surprise away.

Bottom line, both were great and are keepers!

Thanks for sharing.

Allan

Hard to judge someone else's work... Especially on this level. Everything I'd say would be wrong (I didn't post anything yet, so...) It all comes to personal preference. Both very pleasing, both very good.
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. For me, it's absolutely not important how much experience anybody has (I'm not so experienced either), I'm making these for everybody to watch or maybe get inspired ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme