DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Monmouth County

I'm about an hour and half away....so maybe in nicer weather we can have some meet ups. There is a group of us from PA that are meeting this Sunday at 1:30 at Benjamin Rush Park thats about an hour from you if want to join us.

In Point Pleasant waiting on my Mavic to come on Friday. What places in monmouth county do you guys enjoy flying at? Have you had any trouble anywhere?

Reactions: DDS
In Point Pleasant waiting on my Mavic to come on Friday. What places in monmouth county do you guys enjoy flying at? Have you had any trouble anywhere?

When did you order it? And was it from DJI direct? I just ordered last Saturday and still is waiting to ship. I am in Howell. I too am interested in good spots to fly. I assume the Manasquan reservoir or beach would be good places.

When did you order it? And was it from DJI direct? I just ordered last Saturday and still is waiting to ship. I am in Howell. I too am interested in good spots to fly. I assume the Manasquan reservoir or beach would be good places.

Ordered last Thursday night late from DJI direct. Shipped yesterday and says I'll have it Friday. Have been messing with a phantom 1 for a while so very excited to get a huge jump in tech!!

I got mine a few weeks ago and have been going over to Dorbrook Park in Colts Neck just to get a good grasp on flying it. They have a RC area down the dirt road behind the soccer and rugby fields, there are signs directing you to it as you pull off Rt. 537. It says it's for club members or you have to get a permit from the park. I joined the AMA as they have it listed as one of the fields their members are permitted to use. I was there today and the rangers drove by a couple of times and didn't even give me a second look. I've been there about 4 times and have been the only one there each time. It's a pretty big open area with not much around so I'll feel a little more at ease while I get the hang of this thing.

Reactions: Oakley2414
What is the cost for the AMA membership to fly there? I am in that area a bit in the summer.

Thank you, I will check that out and try to post any videos of where I fly. I plan to fly around the beach and creeks in my area to start.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My goal as well. I'm hoping to become more proficient in my flying by mid April when I get my boat back in the water. I'm hoping to get some good video this summer of some of our days on the water and our trips.

I got mine a few weeks ago and have been going over to Dorbrook Park in Colts Neck just to get a good grasp on flying it. They have a RC area down the dirt road behind the soccer and rugby fields, there are signs directing you to it as you pull off Rt. 537. It says it's for club members or you have to get a permit from the park. I joined the AMA as they have it listed as one of the fields their members are permitted to use. I was there today and the rangers drove by a couple of times and didn't even give me a second look. I've been there about 4 times and have been the only one there each time. It's a pretty big open area with not much around so I'll feel a little more at ease while I get the hang of this thing.
Thank you --I have a call into them

I have had a Mavic Air for a few months now and with the winter and COVID-19 situation, I have not been able to fly the drone. On top of that, I read up on all the rules and regulations for flying the drone at Dorbrook Park model aircraft field and it seems like there are a lot of requirements. Is it true that in addition to the annual permit, which is $75 per year, you also need a Certificate of Insurance, listing “County of Monmouth” as additional named insured and that the coverage should be a minimum of $1,000,000 bodily injury and property damage, an AMA license or flight status form, and an onsite instructor if you are a first time flyer or novice? Are there any other places in Monmouth County where I can fly and not have to worry about all these requirements? If not, I may consider selling the drone because it is too much trouble just to be able to fly in a very small area here in Monmouth County.

I have had a Mavic Air for a few months now and with the winter and COVID-19 situation, I have not been able to fly the drone. On top of that, I read up on all the rules and regulations for flying the drone at Dorbrook Park model aircraft field and it seems like there are a lot of requirements. Is it true that in addition to the annual permit, which is $75 per year, you also need a Certificate of Insurance, listing “County of Monmouth” as additional named insured and that the coverage should be a minimum of $1,000,000 bodily injury and property damage, an AMA license or flight status form, and an onsite instructor if you are a first time flyer or novice? Are there any other places in Monmouth County where I can fly and not have to worry about all these requirements? If not, I may consider selling the drone because it is too much trouble just to be able to fly in a very small area here in Monmouth County.

You're at where I was a little over three years ago. I was ready to sell off my drone gear. What saved the hobby for me was finding a few drone user groups on Meetup. Of course they are not flying right now but both groups flew almost every weekend and would find interesting places to fly around NJ. Also the people involved in both groups are really friendly.

Jersey Droners - Jersey Droners (Parlin, NJ)
NJ Drone User Group - NJ Drone User Group (Clifton, NJ)

Monmouth county is a tough place to fly. You also don't want to think about flying at an AMA field. Most of the fixed wing pilots won't even let drones fly while they are flying. It's worth joining the AMA though because of the insurance.

hello everyone. I've been building my own small UAV's for about 5 years abs now have a mavic. I'm not sure I'll ever go back. I'm in Asbury Park. Feel free to reach out. [email protected]
Hello John, my name is Steve and I live in Ocean Twp, off of Rt 35. I am new in the Drone Community. I have been using the MINI i just received last week and love it. Lets get together one day. Steve.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose