DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Montana Fly Fishing July 27-Aug. 3,2021

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Please enjoy this 6 minute 47 second film (without credits) of my fly fishing and photography visit to the beautiful state of Montana, USA. Through the use of multimedia sources, the film records flyfishing trips to the Gallatin River, Stillwater River, Mill Creek, Indian Creek, The beautiful Beartooth Highway, Beaver Creek, and Paradise Valley. The film shows both drone and timelapse sequences, as well as still photography. You will certainly note the constant haze in the air in all of the videos and images due to the prolific forest fires engulfing the entire northwest corner of the US. This was a challenge photographically. Some images with blue skies were a result of sky replacement in Photoshop.

Nice work. Love flyfishing Montana. Unfortunately, the wildfires are all over the NW now.

Please enjoy this 6 minute 47 second film (without credits) of my fly fishing and photography visit to the beautiful state of Montana, USA. Through the use of multimedia sources, the film records flyfishing trips to the Gallatin River, Stillwater River, Mill Creek, Indian Creek, The beautiful Beartooth Highway, Beaver Creek, and Paradise Valley. The film shows both drone and timelapse sequences, as well as still photography. You will certainly note the constant haze in the air in all of the videos and images due to the prolific forest fires engulfing the entire northwest corner of the US. This was a challenge photographically. Some images with blue skies were a result of sky replacement in Photoshop.
Thanks to all thumbs up people.Yes, lots of work for a video like this! As you all know, downloading daily work files to portable hard drive, editing all stills, selection of shots, then 4 full days at the iMAC doing image editing in Photoshop, and processing the time lapses. Finally, assembling the ASSETS folder for import to Premiere Pro, video editing, and uploading. Conservatively I'd say a full week's work for this 6-7 minute film.

Reactions: Quad Craft
Very nice that’s the closest thing I’ve seen to her vacation in 25 years nothing like that here in Texas thanks for sharing

Stunning. A top 10 for sure. Thanks for taking us along on a bucket list vacation.

Jealous ?

Another great video!

@Dale D - Great video. Montana is a beautiful state. I had relatives that lived there for a while.
You have a very good eye for video and photography.

If I may, the only suggestion would be to shorten the sound track to just passed the end credits.

Tons of GREAT SHOTS Dale, but I must say, the King of time lapse has struck again. Those were just awesome!

Excellent video from a former Wyoming resident. Have spent some time in that part of Montana, have been on Froze to Death Plateau and Granite Peak. You captured it well and presented the country beautifully. Thank you.

Dale - As I was watching this and seeing all the work you put into it, I asked myself would it be worth it? After watching your video, it was definitely worth it! I am from Wyoming. I live in San Diego. I've not spent much time in Montana, but I need to go. What beautiful locations to fly! Excellent work my friend! BTW, loved that tall desert - looked yummy! Oh, also enjoyed the combination of stills and video. I think that approach keeps the viewer more engaged. Well done.

Reactions: TailBent
@Dale D - Great video. Montana is a beautiful state. I had relatives that lived there for a while.
You have a very good eye for video and photography.

If I may, the only suggestion would be to shorten the sound track to just passed the end credits.
Hi Prop Wash-

Your recommendation about the extended sound track after the last image is shown, is a dilemma of mine.The extension of the song is purposeful for the following reason.

I downloaded this scrolling credit for free from Orange 83. If you have ever watched any You Tubes about Premiere Pro editing, you would have seen Orange 83's tutorials. He is a prolific genius. However, this scrolling end credit requires that the song be extended in order to have a slower, readable scroll, without the words racing by (UP) and making them unable to be read. If I want a readable end credit, I have to lengthen the sound track. Simple as that. I hope everyone will turn it off after the final picture. If you have a way to slow down the credits without extending the song, I'd love to learn how to do it in Premiere Pro.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Dale - As I was watching this and seeing all the work you put into it, I asked myself would it be worth it? After watching your video, it was definitely worth it! I am from Wyoming. I live in San Diego. I've not spent much time in Montana, but I need to go. What beautiful locations to fly! Excellent work my friend! BTW, loved that tall desert - looked yummy! Oh, also enjoyed the combination of stills and video. I think that approach keeps the viewer more engaged. Well done.
That desert is the famous strawberry shortcake at Ted's Grill in Bozeman. Ted Turner (CNN) owns thousands of acres near Bozeman with the largest bison herd in the world.

Reactions: fguthrie
Tons of GREAT SHOTS Dale, but I must say, the King of time lapse has struck again. Those were just awesome!
Coming from you, Karlewsi, I am honored for the kind words.

Hope you are mending well from the injury too!

Dale

Last edited:
Great video and nice fish too.

Paradise Valley is in my backyard. Fantastic images made possible by a tremendous amount of effort lugging camera kit, fishing gear and drone bag up and down the wild and scenic waterways of The Last Best Place. That beautiful cutthroat makes it all worth it!

If Paradise Valley is in your backyard, you are one lucky person! It is truly Paradise. We have been going to Big Sky for about 20 years, and eat often at the Rib and Chop House in Livingston. The back road provided a few turn outs for drone flying but it was a challenge.

If Paradise Valley is in your backyard, you are one lucky person! It is truly Paradise. We have been going to Big Sky for about 20 years, and eat often at the Rib and Chop House in Livingston. The back road provided a few turn outs for drone flying but it was a challenge.
Dale,
Small world! I just picked up some takeout from the Chop House last night! Next time you're in Livingston, you'll have to stop by my little shop. We're currently closed for the winter but we'll be re-opening on opening day of the baseball season April 1, 2022.
Cheers, Scott Black aka Wacha McCallum
MarksIn&Out2019.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S