DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Montana-Mountains and Rivers-volume 2

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I am re-submitting this. I submitted it two days ago but it was never included in Saturday or Sunday edition of Mavic Pilots.

This is the second volume of Montana-Mountains and Rivers-August,2020. As before , this is a multi-media show of a 5 week trip spent in and around Big Sky,Montana. I created this using the following gear; (1) Nikon D750 DSLR (2) Nikon 14-28mm,f/2.8 lens, Nikon 28-300mm, f/3,5-5.6 lens, Dynamic Perception Stage One Motion Timelapse Slider and Sapphire Pan-Tilt Head, DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone, DJI Osmo Action video camera, and the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max camera and video (4K). Processing was done using Adobe Photoshop CC 2020,Lightroom LrC, and Premier Pro video editing software. In addition timelapses were processed with LRLightroom5. The film is 8 minutes without the end credits.

I am re-submitting this. I submitted it two days ago but it was never included in Saturday or Sunday edition of Mavic Pilots.
Saturday or Sunday edition ? We are 24/7 Dale what are you talking about or what am I missing.

Saturday or Sunday edition ? We are 24/7 Dale what are you talking about or what am I missing.
Hi Dirkclod:

Sorry to pester but I thought I would try to get this film into the Sunday edition, and so I submitted it Saturday morning September 5th around 7 or 8 Am Eastern daylight savings time. Five minutes after I hit the "send button" the Saturday edition came in the mail,( of course without my submission) so I thought, naturally, it would be in today's (Sunday) edition. I figured most people have time on Sunday to spend more time. But was surprised when I opened today's (Sunday) edition and it still had not appeared. So I'd appreciate if it can be posted.

After spending a ton of time doing the first edition I found that the film was running too long, so I did not have a chance to use a lot of material. I still had about a week's worth of filming, so I created a volume 2. Not sure why it was not incorporated into the Sunday edition.

Thanks for the follow up.

Dale

Hi Dirkclod:

Sorry to pester but I thought I would try to get this film into the Sunday edition, and so I submitted it Saturday morning September 5th around 7 or 8 Am Eastern daylight savings time. Five minutes after I hit the "send button" the Saturday edition came in the mail,( of course without my submission) so I thought, naturally, it would be in today's (Sunday) edition. I figured most people have time on Sunday to spend more time. But was surprised when I opened today's (Sunday) edition and it still had not appeared. So I'd appreciate if it can be posted.

After spending a ton of time doing the first edition I found that the film was running too long, so I did not have a chance to use a lot of material. I still had about a week's worth of filming, so I created a volume 2. Not sure why it was not incorporated into the Sunday edition.

Thanks for the follow up.

Dale
That’s fine Dale I just don’t know what you mean Sunday edition.
Must be someting I’m not supscriped to.

That’s fine Dale I just don’t know what you mean Sunday edition.
Must be someting I’m not supscriped to.
I'll try to clarify....I now get a Mavic Pilots edition daily. I only used to get it on Saturdays. I realize that most people have most time to go through the newsletter on the week-end. So I posted it yesterday, Saturday. It was too late to incorporate in the Saturday morning list. So I kept looking for it to appear throughout Saturday and today (Sunday) To the best of my knowledge, I have not yet seen it posted in the Mavic Pilots. Would appreciate it that can now be done. If you want, I will re-post it now.

This is the second volume of Montana-Mountains and Rivers-August,2020. As before , this is a multi-media show of a 5 week trip spent in and around Big Sky,Montana. I created this using the following gear; (1) Nikon D750 DSLR (2) Nikon 14-28mm,f/2.8 lens, Nikon 28-300mm, f/3,5-5.6 lens, Dynamic Perception Stage One Motion Timelapse Slider and Sapphire Pan-Tilt Head, DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone, DJI Osmo Action video camera, and the Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max camera and video (4K). Processing was done using Adobe Photoshop CC 2020,Lightroom LrC, and Premier Pro video editing software. In addition timelapses were processed with LRLightroom5. The film is 8 minutes without the end credits.

Reactions: dirkclod
I'll try to clarify....I now get a Mavic Pilots edition daily. I only used to get it on Saturdays. I realize that most people have most time to go through the newsletter on the week-end. So I posted it yesterday, Saturday. It was too late to incorporate in the Saturday morning list. So I kept looking for it to appear throughout Saturday and today (Sunday) To the best of my knowledge, I have not yet seen it posted in the Mavic Pilots. Would appreciate it that can now be done. If you want, I will re-post it now.

Dale I didn’t know we had a news message sent out. I got ya now.
Maybe it will show now.?

Dale I didn’t know we had a news message sent out. I got ya now.
Maybe it will show now.?

I access ALL content by email.

Hollywood should be monitoring this site, for up-and-coming stars.

Last edited:
I access ALL content by email.

Hollywood should be monitoring this site, for up-and-coming stars.
I think that was a positive compliment? If so, thank you.

Sorry again for any confusion. No, there is no US mail newsletter. I am only referring to this Mavic Pilots Forum daily .

Brings back memories of my time in Montana. And I could watch those cloud time-lapses all day. Thanks for sharing.

Brings back memories of my time in Montana. And I could watch those cloud time-lapses all day. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. There was a little bit of Idaho in the film (Centennial Mountains where they divide the state from Idaho and Montana near Henry's Lake). Such beautiful country. Loving timelapse. It just adds another dimension to everything.

Dale, again I enjoyed your work. I watched the entire video and even left the sound on. Often the music does not enhance the video but the music you chose and the accompanying sounds was very good. Thanks for sharing.

Dale, again I enjoyed your work. I watched the entire video and even left the sound on. Often the music does not enhance the video but the music you chose and the accompanying sounds was very good. Thanks for sharing.
Dear PhotoBeaty:

Thank you for watching. The sounds are actually real most of the time. I uses the iPhone XI app (VoiceMemos) to record the sounds of the river I am fishing in, and I used the iPhone to record the waterfall. I transferred to sounds as a .wav file by Air Drop to my iMAC and then to my Music Assets folder in Premiere Pro.

This is the second volume of Montana-Mountains and Rivers-August,2020. As before , this is a multi-media show of a 5 week trip spent in and around Big Sky,Montana. ......

Thanks Dale ...tell me you did some Zip Lining LOL. We traditionally know it as Flying Fox (sounds more adventurous, I think) although even in my 'back-water' down under more and more Americanisms are infiltrating, as I noticed we are beginning to call it Zip Lining (maybe it's universal and we are just catching up LOL).
On the subject of the Forum notifications, I have mine arrive daily via email and each subject matter opens immediately upon clicking (as below).
Thanks again mate, for sharing some precious memories.....from Down Under

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 10.39.09 am.png

Reactions: dirkclod
Didnt know ya could zip line upside down ?
jk ?‍♂️

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Hi Mavic Maxwell: (great name!)
So glad you liked the second film too. Yes, it is called ZIP Lining. The sound effects in the film were the real ones. It is a big money maker for the mountain in the summertime at this resort. I think they must run 7 or 8 lines all day long and they are running orientations in the plaza for safety reasons. I, myself, would not consider doing it at at age 81 (will be 82 in two days- Sept.9th) although I am physically able to. Falling from there could be fatal.

I worked long and hard on there 2nd film (Volume 2) and then submitted it on Saturday morning around 8 AM. Very soon after, the actual Saturday Mavic Pilots daily e-mail list came in and I missed getting it in that day. So I expected it for Sunday, but then it came on Monday (today). I had so much material remaining from the 5 week trip that I had to do another reel.

Yes- these kids zip line in every orientation conceivable.
I bet but was kinda directing that at our down under buddy ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio