DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Montana -The Centennial Mountains-Brook Trout

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Monday Aug.1,2022 My fishing guide and I drove 2 1/2 hours to the Montana/Idaho border south of Big Sky and the Centennial Mountains, where there is a meandering small stream wending its way through the valley and vast open grain fields and mountains. Here are some drone panoramas and various fishing shots of the day. Brook Trout colors.jpgBrookTrout.jpgDale holding BrookTrout-Centennials.jpgRockRiverScene.jpg

Attachments

• Centennial Mountains-.jpg
    803.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Centennial-RedRock River Panorama.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • Centennials-fields-hills-panorama.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
Even good photos don't do justice to a wild Brook Trout. They're dazzling.

I caught a nice one in Vermont several years ago on my flyrod and was already thinking about a cast iron skillet, some melted butter, and a dusting of cornmeal when my friend took a long look at the fish and said, "That creature is too beautiful to eat." She was right.

That Red Rock River panorama is wonderful. It's beautifully exposed. The detail in those shots makes me scan around for hidden point of interest. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deer or an elk browsing alongside the water somewhere in there.

Reactions: aneal321
Even good photos don't do justice to a wild Brook Trout. They're dazzling.

I caught a nice one in Vermont several years ago on my flyrod and was already thinking about a cast iron skillet, some melted butter, and a dusting of cornmeal when my friend took a long look at the fish and said, "That creature is too beautiful to eat." She was right.

That Red Rock River panorama is wonderful. It's beautifully exposed. The detail in those shots makes me scan around for hidden point of interest. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deer or an elk browsing alongside the water somewhere in there.
MS
You are man after my heart
In a lifetime of trout fishing I’ve never kept one
It’s strictly catch and release
Several days ago after a day of fishing I ordered a trout in a restaurant!
As for the images they came from the fantastic Mavic 3 and processed inACR and Photoshop
Thanks for your wordsI am humbled
Dale

Love those shots Dale, particularly the panorama with the stream ! Keep enjoying and posting so the rest of us can do so vicariously. 👏🏻👍🏻😂

Beautiful Dale. I just returned from 10 days in Victor Idaho an hours drive from Jackson Hole with a back view of the Tetons. Three generations of family. I just never tire of that area.
Bill Dunnuck
Naples/Blairsville

Beautiful Dale. I just returned from 10 days in Victor Idaho an hours drive from Jackson Hole with a back view of the Tetons. Three generations of family. I just never tire of that area.
Bill Dunnuck
Naples/Blairsville
I know that area somewhat, having driven from the Teton Pass through Ashford and on to Big Sky. The back view of the Tetons for a stretch of that road is an undiscovered secret and a real treat to view. It is also a good place to shoot the Tetons legally with a drone but I never tried that.

Dale

Very nice. My older son would be very jealous. He flyfishes in Northern Colorado and is always catch and release. He loves to fish, but doesn't like to eat fish.
Here in Montana (where I am for 6 weeks seeking refuse from the torrid Miami heat), we are on the river all day, and then go to a nice restaurant for a few margaritas and a good meal. We have no ice in our fishing vests. It is impossible to keep fish. But they are our gift and we always try to save their lives in removing the hook and gently stroke them as we release them back to the river.

Dale

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada