DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Montana-The Spectacularly Beautiful Beartooth Highway

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
The Beartooth Highway is a treasured scenic drive that takes about 3 hours, or more depending on time spent on photography. The road weaves between Montana and Wyoming.

We did a 2 hour drive in each direction yesterday to see it. The highway is one of the most scenic drives in the United States. Access was closed for a period following the massive flooding damage to roads from the Yellowstone River, and there are parts of the highway that are still closed because the road was washed out. Here are some images from the drive, including drone shots for an aerial perspective.
Beartooth-Valley-Drone view.jpg

Attachments

• BeartoothHighway-Valley-View.jpg
    970.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Paddling Island Lake.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IslandLake-raft.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IslandLake Panorama-drone view.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • Island-Lake-Islands.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 32
  • BeartoothValleyDrone Panorama-3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • BeartoothValley-Drone-Panorama.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • Beartooth-Road-Switchback.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 32
  • Beartooth-road switchback-drone-panorama.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 34
  • Beartooth-Drone view of valley.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 40
The Beartooth Highway is a treasured scenic drive that takes about 3 hours, or more depending on time spent on photography. The road weaves between Montana and Wyoming.

We did a 2 hour drive in each direction yesterday to see it. The highway is one of the most scenic drives in the United States. Access was closed for a period following the massive flooding damage to roads from the Yellowstone River, and there are parts of the highway that are still closed because the road was washed out. Here are some images from the drive, including drone shots for an aerial perspective.
View attachment 153604
Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing these photo's for it brings back memories of our 2016 trip to Yellowstone. It was my wife's first ever trip over the Beartooth pass and it is a spectacular drive ! We did the 68 miles long drive starting in Red Lodge while climbing up to the pass topping out at 10,947 feet.

Thank you for sharing these photo's for it brings back memories of our 2016 trip to Yellowstone. It was my wife's first ever trip over the Beartooth pass and it is a spectacular drive ! We did the 68 miles long drive starting in Red Lodge while climbing up to the pass topping out at 10,947 feet.
Glad you enjoyed them! Thank you.

Dale

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
I have driven that road several times, but not in the past ten years. You have induced me to do it again! I never took photos like yours. Thanks for sharing, Dale, all of your trip.

I have driven that road several times, but not in the past ten years. You have induced me to do it again! I never took photos like yours. Thanks for sharing, Dale, all of your trip.
Thanks. The road cannot be driven from end to end since the Yellowstone flood destroyed one end and there is no outlet. You have to enter and return through the same route.

Dale D, you have definitely done Montana justice by sharing your adventures. The Montana Department of Tourism owes you big time. 👍 Thank you
Thankyou!

I will be submitting my invoice shortly.

Dale

beautiful location and shots! Reminding me a bit of Austria

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3