DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro More cloud inversions

When I used to fly my aircraft in Wales, we had to sometimes wait half the morning for the low layer of thick fog, or very low cloud to burn off before we could take off. The fog was only maybe 100-300ft thick but the law states we cant take off until there is a good clearing, otherwise you can take off and then the hole fills in you cant see to land again.

Its very unusual - normally inversions arrive around sunrise and burn off shortly after. Very very rare to have it last all day and for days on end.
The valley towns are horrible - 10m visibility, dark and cold. A little bit above them its brilliant sunshine.
If im spending time trapped in Wales i might as well take advantage of rare weather.

Its very unusual - normally inversions arrive around sunrise and burn off shortly after. Very very rare to have it last all day and for days on end.
The valley towns are horrible - 10m visibility, dark and cold. A little bit above them its brilliant sunshine.
If im spending time trapped in Wales i might as well take advantage of rare weather.
Trapped? TRAPPED...? You are never "trapped" if you are in Wales. You are privileged to be living in Wales! Enjoy the beaches, enjoy the coast line, the hills, valleys, mountains. Take a visit to Port Merion, hike up Snowden. You should enjoy Wales, not feel trapped. Enjoy the rare weather and eat a Welsh "rare" bit. :)

Yes its trapped. 5 weeks of drizzle lately. Get out of bed, put house lights on at 10am and keep them on until bed time as its so dark.
Easily the most depressing climate on earth!
Snowdon is OK (if you go a proper route not Llanberris). The queue of 300 people waiting for selfies at the top is amusing. Port Merion has coloured houses. I can see those in most countries...

Its the longest ive been in Wales for 15 years and its definitely too long. The climate alone is utterly utterly depressing!

Yes its trapped. 5 weeks of drizzle lately. Get out of bed, put house lights on at 10am and keep them on until bed time as its so dark.
Easily the most depressing climate on earth!
Snowdon is OK (if you go a proper route not Llanberris). The queue of 300 people waiting for selfies at the top is amusing. Port Merion has coloured houses. I can see those in most countries...

Its the longest ive been in Wales for 15 years and its definitely too long. The climate alone is utterly utterly depressing!
Ohhh don't flower it, tell us how you really feel! You can leave for free now, if you wish, they don't charge for the bridge anymore!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54