DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More i use less happy SC

tomrink550

Reactions
I'm not happy with my SC today each time I use the thing the range is all over the place just not happy would like the range DJI Promised and not see it

I'm not happy with my SC today each time I use the thing the range is all over the place just not happy would like the range DJI Promised and not see it

So what I would recommend is that you go to Optimum conditions such that you have a perfect line of sight.

Fly out say 2500 keep in VLOS than learn how to use the antennas . its a critical part to getting the most out of your smart controller

Good chance your not using the attenas properly and they our tricky kind of like the reverse of what you may think they our.l

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal

What range are you getting trouble at ?
The only time I had a problem was my stupidity, had the antennas set for forward flight when I flew straight up above myself so it gave me a warning, flipped the antennas and carried on flying.

I receive mine today. I tested and i am more than happy with the range. I am getting more range than the stock controller and even flying behind buildings. I just wish the screen was bigger, but the convenience is amazing.

Just for curiosity, are you lifting completely the antennas pointing up?
The correct way to use the antennas is pointing down to make sure the flat surface of the antenna point to the aircraft.

i have three DJI products; the Mavic Air, the Mavic Pro Platinum and the Mavic 2 Zoom. The M2Z has the SC and I've never noticed any hint of range reduction with it when compared to my other flying toys. Very happy with it, but as another poster mentioned, proper placement of the antennas is paramount to decent performance.

The correct way to use the antennas is pointing down to make sure the flat surface of the antenna point to the aircraft.
yes i've tried everything up down MO help

Y
yes the antenna is point down word and always pointed at the drone it's just I been at my friend's house with anyone of my other drones .and I have gotten 12,000,00 ft or more now .a week ago I flue about a mile half with my S C then yesterday I couldn't go over 2,000.00 feet so not sure

Y

yes the antenna is point down word and always pointed at the drone it's just I been at my friend's house with anyone of my other drones .and I have gotten 12,000,00 ft or more now .a week ago I flue about a mile half with my S C then yesterday I couldn't go over 2,000.00 feet so not sure

Just so were clear, you do not point the tips of the antenna at the drone , your positioning the flat of the bars . Right ?

Last edited:
I have the same issue crazy low range less than 1500ft and warning

Were doing 3000 ft from inside the car , something is not right about your controller, Are you sure you have visual line of sight meaning no obstacles.

Am I wrong in thinking that in the UK there is a restriction on the power of the SC/any controller. (Sorry US Guy here)

But I find most of the time people run into environmental issues. If you fly 30 meters off the ground and away from you you have a more of a chance of signal loss at distance than at 120 meters. You may encounter electeronic interferance at different altitudes.
Car manufactures say you can achieve different MPG for their products but milage may differ person to person and terrain.

Unless you take the same drone, same location, and time of day and fly each controller back to back you can't compare distances...
I have noticed that the Smart controller gives noticeably better penetration (through/around obstacles like trees, etc) than the "regular" controller but just about the same distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost