DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More of my running videos using ActiveTrack

Nice going Cody,

Only the 1080p 60fps doesn't look that crisp, they say it's for fpv goggles and not so much for normal filming.
The 2.7K 30fps seems to be the sweet spot for filming with the Mavic.

Cool and all but I can't wait until the day we don't have to stare at the controller every 2 seconds.

Cool and all but I can't wait until the day we don't have to stare at the controller every 2 seconds.
You can see in the first clip of the second video that I didn't look at all. It takes a while to build trust that it is going to do what it should.

Last edited:
Nice going Cody,

Only the 1080p 60fps doesn't look that crisp, they say it's for fpv goggles and not so much for normal filming.
The 2.7K 30fps seems to be the sweet spot for filming with the Mavic.

Thanks! 1080/60 is 60 Mbps where 2.7/30 is 45. It's just that YouTube butchers the 1080/60, the source looks fantastic.

Very nice.. have to say you have some really picturesque backgrounds.. you run pretty fast and the Mavic tracked you flawlessly.. great job

Reactions: Cody
Thanks! 1080/60 is 60 Mbps where 2.7/30 is 45. It's just that YouTube butchers the 1080/60, the source looks fantastic.

I shot some video in 4K 30 and 24 fps this weekend and everything that wasn't still or very slow panning looked very jumpy. Looking to try the 1080/60 next time I get a chance.

Have you tried all of the film modes/are you happiest with the 1080/60? The 4K video is a bit more crisp but the 1080 is noticeably smoother. Can you post the source of the 1080 video? Thanks

I shot some video in 4K 30 and 24 fps this weekend and everything that wasn't still or very slow panning looked very jumpy. Looking to try the 1080/60 next time I get a chance.

Have you tried all of the film modes/are you happiest with the 1080/60? The 4K video is a bit more crisp but the 1080 is noticeably smoother. Can you post the source of the 1080 video? Thanks

Is your computer powerful enough for 4K editing ?
Panning Best Practices

It's not just utube, there are a lot of posts on this 1080p 60/96fps fenomena, the mass is not happy with the moir effect on things with stripes/lines etc.

Avoid using 1080p 60/96fps for shooting video as these modes are intended only for use with the DJI FPV Goggles, to be released at a later time/date.
When shooting video in 1080p at the frame-rate of either 60fps or 96fps, a moire/anti-alisasing effect can be seen on camera.
This is because of the way in which down-sample the signal by ‘simple averaging’, consequently these modes are unusable for shooting high quality footage.

DJI have released a PDF explaining the scenario and justification, this can be downloaded on the net.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS