DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More quiet propellers worthwhile?

Fly4Now

Reactions
Any of you using stealth (or similar) propellers? Do they really reduce noise? Do they increase flight time? What are your experiences with "more quiet" propellers?

Bought some MAS stealth props a week or so ago now, first chance I had on Sunday just gone to get outside and have a buzz around over some water.
Could still hear the AC but the tone/pitch is much more pleasant, it was actually the most enjoyable flight I've had for a long time.
Can't comment as yet on any extra air time as I only burned through half of one battery, some claim extra 2min flight time per battery is observed with the MAS props.

Based on initial observations of them, they are definitely worth the money.

Especially when for us Aussies - OEM props are ($AUD) $19/pr or $38/set retail, and I got these for $42/set with some change, inc shipping.

I agree the version 2 props are noticeably quieter and the drone seems to be even more stable in the air.

Reactions: Enlin
Any of you using stealth (or similar) propellers? Do they really reduce noise? Do they increase flight time? What are your experiences with "more quiet" propellers?
You could always use the search function I guess and get answers to your own questions....

Reactions: InvisibleName
My Air came with 2 extra sets of props, and I'm still using the original props. Would like to try the stealth props, but can't justify the expense at the moment. Besides, I kind of like hearing the drone coming home when I'm wearing the goggles!

Reactions: Firejay27 and Splue
Yep.. Noticeably quieter.. Bought an extra set!!

Jim

I can’t see how reducing the rpm’s can possibly improve stability. Any one who has ever flown knows that if increase the pitch you cut back the “R”s and the noise level drops. Personally I think the only way those props would be better is if they were half price.
I admit the Air is on the noisy side but I’ve heard the “quiet kit” and it’s not all that impressive.
My humble opinion

I can’t see how reducing the rpm’s can possibly improve stability. Any one who has ever flown knows that if increase the pitch you cut back the “R”s and the noise level drops. Personally I think the only way those props would be better is if they were half price.
I admit the Air is on the noisy side but I’ve heard the “quiet kit” and it’s not all that impressive.
My humble opinion

With all due respect sir... you’d be wrong. The bird is as stable as it was, and the pitch doesn’t put dogs at full alert. In my opinion.

Last edited:
Bought some MAS stealth props a week or so ago now, first chance I had on Sunday just gone to get outside and have a buzz around over some water.
Could still hear the AC but the tone/pitch is much more pleasant, it was actually the most enjoyable flight I've had for a long time.
Can't comment as yet on any extra air time as I only burned through half of one battery, some claim extra 2min flight time per battery is observed with the MAS props.

Based on initial observations of them, they are definitely worth the money.

Especially when for us Aussies - OEM props are ($AUD) $19/pr or $38/set retail, and I got these for $42/set with some change, inc shipping.
I heard you have to change the settings with these props

With all due respect sir... you’d be wrong. The bird is as stable as it was, and the pitch doesn’t put dogs at full alert. In my opinion.
Ha Ha....I haven't really noticed other peoples dogs but mine don't seem to care about anything but getting fed on time.

My humble opinion

I agree. A few dB and a change in tone isn't enough to prompt me to buy them. When I bought the MA I accepted it was noisier than it's cousins and as I'm not stealth flying, nor likely too with the MA, I don't need quieter props.
The MAS (Master Air Screw) props need to be about 1/2 the price they are to make them worthwhile for me.

Reactions: Stogies
I agree. A few dB and a change in tone isn't enough to prompt me to buy them. When I bought the MA I accepted it was noisier than it's cousins and as I'm not stealth flying, nor likely too with the MA, I don't need quieter props.
The MAS (Master Air Screw) props need to be about 1/2 the price they are to make them worthwhile for me.
They're the same price as the DJI props, plus they're quieter, and possibly even more efficient thereby extending your flight time. Seems like a no brainer.

I'm not sure why I would ever buy DJI's props.

They're the same price as the DJI props, plus they're quieter, and possibly even more efficient thereby extending your flight time. Seems like a no brainer.

I'm not sure why I would ever buy DJI's props.
DJI warranty issues maybe? Each to her/his own though.

Reactions: Hopper13
I installed new MAS props on my Mavic Air the other day. Better/softer sound, yes. Longer flight time, not measurably in this first outing. I also ended up with one prop that had damage to both tips after about 20 minutes of flight time? Hit a bug? The MAS props are very thin and perhaps more fragile. Just my .02....

There are some reviews and comparisons on YouTube.

For me they aren't worth the bother... At 100 feet / 40 meters and ambient/ surrounding noises mavic air humming is almost unheard

Since I've purchased the Air screw props, I've definitely noticed a change in the pitch! Much more palatable to the ear.

There are some reviews and comparisons on YouTube.

For me they aren't worth the bother... At 100 feet / 40 meters and ambient/ surrounding noises mavic air humming is almost unheard
Perhaps hovering, not at full tilt though. At full tilt you can hear it at 300ft...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme