DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s More Testing With The CineSticks

Jagerbomb52

Reactions
Decided to practice with the CineSticks (scottymakesstuff) this morning. First problem I ran into when turning on the controller it wanted me to calibrate the sticks. I am guessing because I had them turn up pretty tight for slow action they were not centered causing the steady peep to calibrate. Once I back off the sticks and turned the controller back on it was fine. I then was able to adjust them to where I wanted them. A few practice passes in the back yard and they seemed setup fine. So off to the river to see how much they improved my twitchy stick maneuver. Controller set to cine mode and I had a nice slow and smooth flight. The return home I switched to sport mode and even with the sticks setup for slow speed it motored home just fine at a good speed.
Shot in D-Log and a LUT added (DLog-M+to+Rec709.cube)

20210803_091924.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. I saw something similar in a home-made version. Are you a pincher or a thumber? I happen to be a thumber, and as much as I try to pinch it just doesn't work for me. I'm not sure how the resistance might aid me as it appears that much of the jerkiness is when you let off the sticks, as much or more as when you start to progressively add more stick. I dunno.

A few days ago I got Ulanzi Rockers that are 30% shorter than standard (Ulanzi rockers) ane more suited to thumbing. Earlier I had purchased extendable sticks for my Mavic 2 Pro. While the longer sticks do make you push farther for less movement at the base, the shorter sticks put my thumbs in a different position that seem to allow somewhat more fine thumb control, thus stick control. They Ulanzi's might be unsuitable for a pincher as the tops are wide. But I guess that depends on the invidual.

1629063866569.png

1629063951650.png

Reactions: Tom Johnson
Ya I am a thumber also. The larger sticks take some getting used to for sure. I cannot see myself using them all the time but they do seem to help for when you want to have that tri-pod speed that the Air 2S does not have. Cine is actually pretty fast and only the yaw is adjustable. I'm not a fan of sports mode. I bought the 1 inch sensor for a reason and thats for video and photography.
I keep these in my drone bag and if I need them they are easy to put on just like the stock ones.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

I want to make a correction on my comments concerning "pinching" the Ulanzi sticks. Actually they might not be a bad bridge/transition set for a thumber who wants to pinch.

After posting my comments above I went to see how back the Ulanzis would be for pinching as the tops are pretty wide. What I discovered that someone that I could leave my thumbs on top of the stick and my index fingers could then go under the lip of the top. In other words I'd be able to pinch, not on both sides of the stick, but pinching the LIP of the sticks. I haven't flown yet with this odd pinching technique, but I think it could work as my index finger could help stabilize what my thumb was doing without a true pinch on opposite sides of the sticks. If I get a chance I'll try to take a photo and edit this reply later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11