DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Morning fog and a wonna be tug boat

Thanks rob, had a little help from Lr cc ;);)

Still can’t get enough of these little power boats, thought you’d like the photo;)Thumbswayup

Reactions: Former Member
Great picture.

FWIW, that’s a bouy tender, not a tug boat. Notice the hydralic crane on the starboard bow and the mooring bouys on deck? The tender is used to install and maintain mooring bouys in that harbor.

However, similar to the tender in the photo, an elevated pilot house is also used on some inland waters tug boats, thus the confusion. In this case, the elevated pilot house gives the captain a superior view of his work area and the approach to bouys that need installation and/or maintenace.

But a great shot none the less!

Thanks Charlie, skills.... don’t know about that:D

Oh ok.
If not skills how do you get those excellent shots .?
........................Could it be ...........
giphy.gif

Reactions: Porky
FWIW, that’s a bouy tender, not a tug boat. Notice the hydralic crane on the starboard bow and the mooring bouys on deck? The tender is used to install and maintain mooring bouys in that harbor.

However, similar to the tender in the photo, an elevated pilot house is also used on some inland waters tug boats, thus the confusion. In this case, the elevated pilot house gives the captain a superior view of his work area and the approach to bouys that need installation and/or maintenace.

But a great shot none the less!

Oh well, tell I don’t know what I’m talking about:rolleyes: but I know now;) still love that little work horse boaty thingThumbswayup

Reactions: charliesRig

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy