DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

most amazing MA2 video I've seen so far

G Randy Brown

Reactions
I've watched countless youtube vids on MA2 starting before I even got mine.
I just stumbled across this one and was blown away (even if it is an ad for DJI)...I also didn't know that this channel existed so I wasn't subscribed.
Maybe this is all just a coincidence for me and you all know about it but wanted to share just in case you haven't seen it....if you have well then shame on you for not telling me ?

I just stumbled across this one and was blown away (even if it is an ad for DJI)...I also didn't know that this channel existed so I wasn't subscribed.
Maybe this is all just a coincidence for me and you all know about it but wanted to share just in case you haven't seen it....if you have well then shame on you for not telling me ?
You are correct, this is an awesome video!

Reactions: ArcTenTen
A lesson for video editors...see how quick the cuts are? Plus I see a lot of editing effects like zoom transitions, rotations etc. that aren't done by the drone but are done in post. A nice quick tempo for the action and a few segments of slow down for a reveal. Well done and keeps the viewer's interest.

Some people are just amazingly creative. It takes a true artist to see something ordinary but turn it into some extraordinary in a visual medium. Look at "Cinewhoop." Now, guys who have mastered the art of racing drones in crazy spaces are turning their skills toward making videos that are crazy fun but also beautiful, cinematic. For all the crap we hear about how "bad" drones are, there really is a lot of art being created with these little machines.

Cool!

Ya, that video is so awesome!

It took a very skilled pilot to get some of those shots.

A lesson for video editors...see how quick the cuts are? Plus I see a lot of editing effects like zoom transitions, rotations etc. that aren't done by the drone but are done in post. A nice quick tempo for the action and a few segments of slow down for a reveal. Well done and keeps the viewer's interest.
Yes , some very tight/clever post production...one thing I did notice tho that I would probably never do and that is to reverse a clip if it had an obvious forward moving object (ie 00:01:31)

Yes , some very tight/clever post production...one thing I did notice tho that I would probably never do and that is to reverse a clip if it had an obvious forward moving object (ie 00:01:31)
That's a common technique and unless you have something in frame that is obviously running backward (like smoke going into a fire, vehicles driving backward, etc.) it can be a useful technique. Zooming into an object like a door at high speed for example. Start at the door, run it in reverse and speed ramp it.

vehicles driving backward,
That's what I meant, at 1 min 31 I see a semi barreling down the interstate backward...I would definitely take advantage of reversing a shot to show a reveal if there were no people walking, vehicles moving forward etc.

Reactions: ArcTenTen and Toddo
I don't believe that the shooter just headed out solo in his van. That was a big budget effort, well coordinated, with pro athletes, models, etc. Probably had a big name ad agency oversee & edit all footage etc. Not that you couldn't duplicate a lot of that with a few talented pals, but as an old boss (in an ad agency) once mused: "There's nothing as creative as a big budget."

Some of the best drone videos I've enjoyed have been through this website. I appreciate quality footage of dramatic locations -but also STORY TELLING, tasteful editing -with restraint. I also respect not gooing up every short personal video with grandiose cinematic theme music that attempts to rival Lawrence of Arabia.

Make the effort to seek good light (golden hour), & capture the best images you can as you TELL THE STORY, and be ruthless in your editing. I'd rather see 30 seconds of inspiration than 12mins of the same lighthouse from 30 angles captured mid day. I feel VERY humble when I view well made aerials from talented individuals. There's almost nothing you can't do with these magnificent little birds. But quality projects require effort, planning, experimenting, and repeated failures. And the investment tends to make each project a bit more successful than the last.

Hadden't seen this before, but this is more than just flying. Very few have the skills, knowledge or time, to do this kind of video.
Excellent stuff.

hehe I didn't even see that till you pointed it out!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair