DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

'Motor Current' and 'Battery Overload' warnings -- Solved

Bill Ludwig

Reactions
Those of you who are getting 'Motor Current' and 'Battery Overload' warnings when flying, I discovered one reason for it. NON-DJI propellers. I ordered a set (thinking they were authentic DJI props). They were actually 'RCstyle' props sold on Amazon. As soon as I flew with them I got both warnings. Put the DJI props on, and no warnings - even in Sport Mode with full climb and full forward. The message here is to use DJI props on all four motors.

I would be curious what the rpms of the motors would be hovering, trying out both the DJI and the off brand props in a side by side comparison. You didnt happen to look, did you?

There’s not a significant RPM difference between DJI props and third party props. A more significant difference (buyer beware) is that the DJI prop hubs are made of a strong fiber-filled material, whereas the third party hubs are made of plastic. That’s a huge difference in strength!

I just cannot understand why people buy these cheap props! They are the only thing keeping 1k of drone in the air, yet people think paying £5 for blades is a bargain. A full set of genuine props are less than £20. If you cannot afford them you should try a different hobby.

Reactions: Aumoe and Koelkop
I got it for the first time today after putting the gold props on. They are dji props though.

They were in my box when I bought it. It was an open box product though [emoji848]

I reinstalled my app as some people have suggested (I may of had the old version installed) Will test tomorrow

I reinstalled my app as some people have suggested (I may of had the old version installed) Will test tomorrow
After testing today, the error only happened with my gold props. I put the original ones back on with no errors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas