DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor Current Error chopping throttle in sport mode

hammick

Reactions
I have the Platinum and have seen this error a handful of times. Happens in Sport mode when going from full power to no power (hard braking). Most recently was a couple days ago flying at night in cold weather. Not sure if I have seen the error when under power or in non-sport mode but it's possible.

I'm on the latest firmware and using 4.15 Go 4 app on Android.

Seems like a lot of Platinum owners are seeing this message.

If you are getting this message please provide some details. I'm thinking the firmware hasn't caught up with the new propellers so I'm not too worried about it. However, I don't want to crash either.

So please provide some details and whether you have an MPP or MP.

Thanks.

I have a MPP and I'm getting battery overcurrent warnings when in Sport mode and full throttle/full forward. From what I've seen, it appears to be normal, especially in the cold.

What I take from this is that the air is more dense, thus the drone is able to push more power (fly faster) at the same RPM. IMO there is nothing to worry about.

I just got this error this morning for the first time. I was NOT in sport mode though. It was 20 degrees F outside, which is the coldest weather I have flown in thus far.

OK. Let's hear from more Platinum owners on whether they are receiving the error and under what conditions. I'm going to assume nothing is wrong with my MPP.

I got the same problem with my Platinum. I downgraded to the 01.03.0700 firmware on both the drone & remote. I did opened up the Platinum to insert in the MicroSD card for the on-board flightlog.

The temp today on the flight was very cold and windy, so this may be the reason. I will test it again in warmer condition with less wind.

I returned a MPP for recurring Motor Current overload warnings. The replacement arrived a few days ago, I had the warning on one occasion flying with a wind advisory and the prop guards. I flew today without prop guards, 20 degree weather, wind advisory no problems at all.

I also have the pro platinum and have seen this error about every couple of flights now. It has been extremely cold here in Michigan as well. I have only seen the error when not in sport mode though. I called DJI yesterday and the tech instructed me to recalibrate the IMU. If the error persisted, he told me to delete the app and reload it again. I am flying with the most current version of firmware. The tech did tell me on the phone that this error was uncommon but I am thinking otherwise. I switched to sport mode for the last two flights and pushed it back and forth over my buddys 160 acre field but never got the error again. I am at a loss on if this is an issue or not. I am flying with the new gold tip props as well.

Hey guys, I've been getting this error almost every flight! (Since putting it in sport mode!) I live on Groote Eylandt, Australia where the temps vary between 30c - 40c (80 - 100f) and have been getting the errors.
However I'm currently on holiday in Japan skiing with my mpp. The temps have gotten down to -13c (8f) and still getting these error codes.
Anyway just writing to explain the extreme different temps that I've been flying and the errors still pop up!

mine fell out of the sky after getting motor current error at maybe 55f outside newest firmware. its at dji waiting to hear back

Weird tho think its the esc's in mpp? I am running sport + mode doing 55 mph and i dont get motor current warning. I seen one a long time ago when rocketing straight up

Ok, so Im impressed how I was taken care of. Read my post above. Sent drone back to dji, uploaded 3 minute flight record and within a few days they determined the $355 damage was warranty covered. Should get drone back on friday. Im being told to take of kind of slow and don't just go right into sport mode and fly fast. Any body see this theme?

I 2 have been getting the dreaded motor current overload. Yesterday I took props off just to see Imu response in app and a grinding noise came from one motor. Shut down asap and one motor completely burned out. Will not move at all. Thank goodness this didn't happen mid flight. I replaced entire leg and recalibrated imu and still getting over load issue. It's been cold out but I've also flown in 50° weather with same issue. Only getting issue within sports mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S